Posted on :
5 May, 2014
5 May, 2014
Plans and produces marketing communications and sales promotion materials to meet product strategies and sales objectives.
· Manages internal and external communications including press releases, video, newsletters, and corporate presentations.
· Develops short- and long-term communication objectives
· Oversees communication activities including technical and/or promotional material writing, Interacts with product management, sales management, and external suppliers to develop and implement integrated communication plans
· Builds key media and communications contacts – integrated contact management.
· Consults with business leadership to establish brand communication strategies and ensure communication, planning, and monitoring is effectively meeting the needs of customers .
· Manages brand communication research and supports the implementation of the brand strategy and guidelines.
· Manages, coaches, and develops staff; works with employees to set goals in training and development, performance, and career planning.
· Identifies department issues, problems, and opportunities to support continuous improvement initiatives.
· Develops and manages budget, financial controls, and risk ensuring operations are executed efficiently and within established budgets.
· Establishes monitors and reports key performance metrics.
· Develops communication strategy based on Customer research.
Required Skills & Experience:
Skills – Leadership:
· Identifies and implements effective processes and procedures for accomplishing work
· Ability to create an atmosphere in which timely and high quality information flows smoothly between self and others; encourages the open expression of ideas and opinions
· Ability to analyze issues by gathering relevant information systematically and considering a broad range of issues or factors
· Ability to develop plans that are thorough, realistic, and effective in meeting goals
· Ability to manage the performance of self and others through the use of structured tools and effective delegation
· Ability to foster the development of a common vision; provide clear direction and priorities; clarify roles and responsibilities
· Ability to manage cross-functional teams and dotted reporting line employees
· Ability to accurately assesses strength and development needs of employees; give timely, specific feedback and helpful coaching; provide challenging assignments and opportunities for development
· Solid understanding of how to think strategically
Skills – Technical:
· Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination of techniques and methods
· Ability to create an overall message for consistent communications related to a specific topic
· Ability to coach suppliers on how to be acceptable/better suppliers to Cummins
· Ability to plan sequenced tasks and assignments with appropriate allocation of resources
· Ability to effectively and clearly communicate in both written and verbal means
· Ability to anticipate internal and external customer needs and take action to meet these needs
· Ability to envision and communicate thoughts for graphics, images, or other elements from an idea, words.
· Significant level of relevant work experience, including supervisory experience, required.
· Writing or agency experience preferred.
· Customer facing experience preferred.
College, university, or equivalent degree in marketing, communications or a related subject required.