Community Keepers is a non-profit company aiming to promote the social and emotional wellbeing of children and youth by providing support services within schools. The Community Keepers multidisciplinary team operates from school-based offices and delivers a variety of services to learners including, assessments, counselling, therapy, life skills programmes, parenting workshops and more.
Community Keepers seeks to appoint School Counsellors / Social Workers to be based in Primary or High school office in the Eerste River, Western Cape.
Job Title: School Counsellor / Social Worker
Location: Eerste River, Western Cape.
Start date: August 2018.
One person will be appointed at a school as the full-time Community Keepers representative.
The successful candidate will be responsible to drive the strategy and implement and manage the services which the organisation delivers at this school, must be able to represent the values and ethos of Community Keepers and will be the public face of the organisation in the school and community.
This is a challenging but rewarding position which will positively impact the lives of youth and families in this community.
- Management of school office: Administration of all services delivered at the school, including scheduling of appointments, liaising with referrers, assisting visitors at the office, coordinating school management meetings and general office administration
- Support services: Conducting assessments; providing individual and/or group therapy; obtaining collateral from relevant support systems; giving feedback; recording of the therapy process and recording of data
- Relationship building: Maintaining relationships with learners, educators and parents; involvement in extramural activities; maintaining relationships with community partners and establishing new connections
- Parents and educators: Liaising with parent committees to organise parenting sessions; contributing to professional development sessions with educators.
- Programmes: Presenting life skills programmes; ensuring that monitoring and evaluation plans are implemented and performance targets are achieved.
- Tertiary qualification, preferably a B Social Work (and registered with the SACSSP) or BEd (Hons) in Ed Psych / BEd Psych (and registered as a counsellor with the HPCSA).
- Experience in counselling children as well as working in a school context.
- Sound ethical principles of practice.
- Knowledge in the development of creative approaches for interventions for individual and school development.
- Outstanding administrative skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Verbal and written communication skills in English
- Natural ability to build strategic relationships and interact with individuals of different backgrounds.
- Passion for teamwork and community-based interventions.
- Capability to represent the values and ethos of the organisation.
To apply, download the application form from our website (https://communitykeepers.org/get-involved/#tab_involved_1) and submit to [email protected] quoting “School counsellor / Social Worker: Eerste River” in the subject line.
Application Closing Date: 8th June, 2018