Community Keepers is a nonprofit company aiming to promote the social and emotional wellbeing of children and youth by providing support services within schools. The Community Keepers multidisciplinary team operates from school-based offices and delivers a variety of services to learners including, assessments, counselling, therapy, life skills programmes, parenting workshops and more.
Job Title: School Counsellor / Social Worker
Job Location: Stellenbosch
Start date: As soon as possible
The purpose of the position is to drive the strategy and implement and manage the services which the organisation delivers at this school.
- Manage school office: Administrate all services delivered at the school, including schedule of appointments, liaise with referrers, assist visitors at the office, coordinate school management meetings and general office administration
- Support services: Conduct assessments, provide individual and/or group therapy, obtain collateral from relevant support systems, give feedback, record the therapy process and record data
- Relationship building: Maintain relationships with learners, educators and parents, involvement in extramural activities, maintain relationships with community partners and establishing new connections
- Parents and educators: Liaise with parent committees to organise parenting sessions, contribute to professional development sessions with educators
- Programmes: Present life skills programmes, ensure that monitoring and evaluation plans are implemented and performance targets are achieved
- Tertiary qualification, preferably a B Social Work (and registered with the SACSSP) or BEd (Hons) in Ed Psych / BEd Psych (and registered as a counsellor with the HPCSA)
- Experience in counselling children as well as working in a school context
- Sound ethical principles of practice
- Knowledge in the development of creative approaches for interventions for individual and school development
- Administrative skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Verbal and written communication skills in English
- Natural ability to build strategic relationships and interact with individuals of different backgrounds
- Passion for teamwork and community-based interventions
- Capability to represent the values and ethos of the organisation
- Ability to represent the values and ethos of Community Keepers and will be the public face of the organisation in the school and community
To apply, download the application form from our website (https://communitykeepers.org/get-involved/#tab_involved_1) and submit to [email protected] with “School counsellor / Social Worker: Stellenbosch” in the subject line
Please note that we do not consider other documentation for applications.
Do not include reference letters or proof of qualifications.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview.
Community Keepers reserves the right to fill this position.
Application Deadline: 31st August, 2018