Community Keepers is a nonprofit company aiming to promote the social and emotional wellbeing of children and youth by providing support services within schools. The Community Keepers multidisciplinary team operates from school-based offices and delivers a variety of services to learners including, assessments, counselling, therapy, life skills programmes, parenting workshops and more.
Job Title: Psychologist
Job Location: To be based in South Africa:
- Brooklyn, Cape Town
- Zonnebloem, Cape Town
- Eerste River, Western Cape
Start date: October 2018
This is a part-time basis (12 hours a week, two mornings a week from 08:00 to 14:00)
- Assess children and youth of (5 to 18 years) which includes individual interviews, obtaining collateral from relevant support systems (parents/guardians, educator, previous schools, etc.), diagnosis and development of a treatment plan
- Individual and group interventions based on treatment plans
- Ensure that the most appropriate intervention is used and the most up-to-date methods of intervention
- Update all administrative processses associated with the clinical process, including clinical notes, organising files, giving feedback to referrers, etc
- Lead case discussions and giving specific input to team members regarding cases
- Develop and present parenting sessions to parents/guardians of learners
- Be involved in peer supervision and professional development (case presentations and literature reviews)
- Make an ongoing contribution to the overall goals and development of Community Keepers as an organisation
- M (Educational or Clinical Psychology) and registered as an Educational or Clinical Psychologist
Three years’ experience as a Psychologist
- Specialised academic knowledge and practical experience in Educational or Clinical Psychology
- Knowledge on the development and evaluation of creative approaches to the assessment, treatment, and rehabilitation of the client group
- Quality principles and practise and sound understanding and ability to apply ethical principles
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Verbal, visual and written communication skills
- Fluent in English
- Must have passion, dedication and commitment towards the organisation and the job at hand
- Ability to represent the values and ethos of Community Keepers and must have a passion for the work of the organisation
To apply, download the application form from our website here and submit to [email protected] with “Psychologist Cape Town or Eerste River application” in the subject line
Please note that we do not consider other documentation for applications.
Do not include reference letters or proof of qualifications.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview.
Community Keepers reserves the right to fill this position.
The successful candidate will work between the different Community Keepers school offices in Cape Town.
Application Deadline: 12th August, 2018