Community Keepers is a non-profit company aiming to promote the social and emotional wellbeing of learners and create supportive school communities where learning and development can prosper. The Community Keepers multidisciplinary team operates from the organisation’s school-based offices and delivers a variety of support and preventative services to learners including, assessments, counseling, therapy, parenting workshops and more.
Community Keepers seeks to appoint a Psychologist / Clinical Social Worker to be based in Cape Town.
The successful candidate will work between the different Community Keepers school offices in Cape Town.
This is a part-time opportunity, 18 hours a week, three mornings a week from 08:00 to14h00.
Job Title: Psychologist / Clinical Social Worker
Location: Cape Town
Start date: 17 July 2018.
- Assessments of children and youth (5-18 years) which includes individual interviews, obtaining collateral from relevant support systems (parents/guardians, educator, previous schools, etc.), diagnosis and development of a treatment plan
- Individual and group interventions based on treatment plans. Ensuring that the most appropriate intervention is used and the most up-to-date methods of intervention
- Updating all administrative processes associated with the clinical process, including clinical notes, organising files, giving feedback to referrers, etc.
- Leading case discussions and giving specific input to team members regarding cases
- Development and presentation of parenting sessions to parents/guardians of learners
- Involvement in peer supervision and professional development (case presentations and literature reviews)
- Making an ongoing contribution to the overall goals and development of Community Keepers as an organisation
- M (Educational or Clinical Psychology or Clinical Social Worker) and registered as an Educational or Clinical Psychologist or Clinical Social Worker
- Three years’ experience as a Psychologist / Clinical Social Worker
- Specialised academic knowledge and practical experience in Educational or Clinical Psychology or Clinical Social Work
- Knowledge on the development and evaluation of creative approaches to the assessment, treatment, and rehabilitation of the client group
- Quality principles and practice and sound understanding and ability to apply ethical principles
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Verbal, visual and written communication skills
- Fluent in English
- Must have passion, dedication and commitment towards the organisation and the job at hand
- This person must be able to represent the values and ethos of Community Keepers and must have a passion for the work of the organisation
To apply, download the application form from our website (https://communitykeepers.org/get-involved/#tab_involved_1) and submit to [email protected] quoting “Psychologist / Clinical Social Worker application” in the subject line.
No other documentation for applications will be considered
Do not include reference letters or proof of qualifications.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview.
Community Keepers reserves the right to fill this position.
Application Deadline: 15th June, 2018.