Community Keepers is a non-profit company aiming to promote the social and emotional wellbeing of children and youth by providing support services within schools.
The Community Keepers multidisciplinary team operates from school-based offices and delivers a variety of services to learners including assessments, counselling, therapy, life skills programmes, parenting workshops and more.
Job Title: School Counsellors / Social Workers
Location: Cape Town
Starting date: As soon as possible.
The purpose of this position is to be responsible to drive the strategy and implement and manage the services which the organisation delivers at this school. This person must be able to represent the values and ethos of Community Keepers and will be the public face of the organisation in the school and community. This is a challenging but rewarding position which will positively impact the lives of youth and families in this community.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Management of school office: Administration of all services delivered at the school, including scheduling of appointments, liaising with referrers, assisting visitors at the office, coordinating school management meetings and general office administration.
- Support services: Conducting assessments; providing individual and/or group therapy; obtaining collateral from relevant support systems; giving feedback; recording of the therapy process and recording of data.
- Relationship building: Maintaining relationships with learners, educators and parents; involvement in extramural activities; maintaining relationships with community partners and establishing new connections.
- Parents and educators: Liaising with parent committees to organize parenting sessions; contributing to professional development sessions with educators.
- Programmes: Presenting life skills programmes; ensuring that monitoring and evaluation plans are implemented and performance targets are achieved.
- Tertiary qualification, preferably a B Social Work (and registered with the SACSSP) or BEd (Hons) in Ed Psych / BEd Psych (and registered as a counsellor with the HPCSA).
- Experience in counselling children as well as working in a school context.
- Sound ethical principles of practice.
- Knowledge in the development of creative approaches for interventions for individual and school development.
- Outstanding administrative skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Natural ability to build strategic relationships and interact with individuals of different backgrounds.
- Passion for teamwork and community-based interventions.
- Capability to represent the values and ethos of the organization.
Download the application form from our website (https://communitykeepers.org/get-involved/#tab_involved_1) and submit to [email protected] with “School counsellor / Social Worker: Cape Town” in the subject line.
Application Deadline: Thursday, 8 August, 2019