Posted on :
8 Nov, 2019
8 Nov, 2019
MotoVantage, formed through a partnership between FirstRand Group and The Hollard Insurance Company, brings you innovative vehicle insurance products at competitive prices as add-ons to any finance agreement.
Job Title: (x1) Claims Consultant within the SMART Claims Department
Reference: # CLAIMSCONS01
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: Market Related
Location: Randburg, Gauteng, South Africa
The successful candidate will be responsible for the administration of claims, capturing, management and correct decision-making with regards to approval or rejections of all claims, as well as informing the relevant parties by following internal claims policies and -procedures.
1) Capture claims telephonically on the claims system.
2) Validate whether cover is active and previous claims history.
3) Advise clients of process and procedures and request necessary documentation. This include obtaining visuals and refer to in-house
repairers (Streamline & Auto Magic) for an assessment.
4) Manage pending claims, turn-around times and service levels.
5) Make decisions on all claims regarding payment or rejection thereof, and update claims system accordingly with the decision.
6) Apply policy terms and conditions.
7) Ensure application of business, TCF and scheme rules.
8) Ensure appropriate controls are in place for valid claims settlement.
9) Generate authorization and rejection letter and issue within prescribed time frame.
10) Manage rejections; ensure fairness and diplomatic communication thereof.
11) Liaise with intermediaries and internal customers.
12) Generate correspondence via e-mail.
13) Adhere to internal claims service level and deadlines.
14) Detect and manage fraud, dishonesty and misrepresentation of claims.
15) Day-to-day self-management of claims; current and outstanding.
16) Input and maintenance of claims information on computer system with 100% accuracy.
2) Short-term insurance qualification preferential.
3) Minimum of 30 FAIS credits.
4) Previous experience in short-term insurance industry beneficial.
5) Solid knowledge of claims procedure.
6) Computer literate, speed and accuracy.
7) Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
8) Excellent grammatical accuracy.
9) Good administration – and organizational skills.
10) Good customer service – and negotiation skills.
11) High patience and tolerance skills.
12) High time management skills.
14) Ability to achieve personal work goals and objectives.
15) Adhering to principles and values.
Application Deadline: 13th November 2019