The purpose of the job is to render administrative assistance to the Micro Computer Laboratory of the region in order to provide a quality service to students who do their computer practical work in the laboratory and /or who need to write computer-based tests and exams.
- Grade 12/Matric Certificate
- Must be a registered student of UNISA, at least have passed all 1st level EUP modules (please attach proof of registration), OR must have successfully completed all 7 ICDL modules or at least four modules (students will be given 60 days within which to pass the outstanding modules)
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Six months experience working in a computer laboratory environment
- Assist students in Macro Computer Laboratories
- Provide assistance to the Macro Laboratory Supervisor
- Assist with laboratory bookings
- Attend to all enquiries within the laboratory
- Ad hoc duties
- Assist students and personnel in the study centre
Assumption of duty : As soon as possible
Salary : R46 per hour
Closing date : 10 March 2014
Enquiries : (031) 335 8122 (Mr Sifiso Mkhungo)
The completed prescribed application form must be accompanied BY COMPREHENSIVE CURRICULUM VITAE and ORIGINAL certified copies (within the previous six months) of;
- all educational qualifications,
- identity document; and
- proof of SAQA verification of foreign qualifications (if applicable)
- UNISA reserves the right to authenticate all qualifications without any further consent from the applicant.
- The contact details of three contactable references must be provided, one of which must be from your present line manager.
- The prescribed application form is obtainable from http://www.unisa.ac.za/contents/faculties/service_dept/hr/docs/ApplicTC_April2013.doc
- Hand delivered application forms can be submitted to UNISA Facilitation of Learning & ICT Support, 221 Dr Pixley ka-Seme street, Durban, 4000 or posted to UNISA Facilitation of Learning & Support (TELCO), Private Bag 47431, Greyville, 4023.
- UNISA is not obliged to fill an advertised position.
- Late, incomplete and incorrect applications will not be considered.
- Appointments will be made in accordance with Unisa’s Employment Equity Plan and other applicable legislation.
| We welcome applications from Persons with Disabilities
Hand delivered application forms can be submitted to UNISA Facilitation of Learning & ICT Support, 221 Dr Pixley ka-Seme Street, Durban, 4000 of post to UNISA Facilitation of Learning & Support (TELCO), Private Bag47431, Greyville, 4023.
All applications should reach UNISA before 16h00 on the closing date.
Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. If you have not been contacted within two months after closing date of this advertisement please accept that your application was not successful.
DEPARTMENT: TUITION AND FACILITATION OF LEARNING
KWAZULU NATAL REGION
POSITION: COMPUTER LAB ASSISTANT (AS AND WHEN REQUIRED)
REFERENCE: Ref: TFL/KZN/DBN/TW/CompLab/ND/5758/2014