Conservation South Africa (CSA), as a local affiliate of Conservation International, is committed to helping societies adopt a more sustainable approach to development—one that considers and values nature at every turn and improves human well-being through the conservation of healthy ecosystems and the goods and services they provide.
Job Title: Finance Coordinator
Location: Johannesburg or Kruger to Canyons Office
This is a 12 month contract, renewable based on funding and performance.
The Key Performance Indicators of this position will be:
- To carry out the day to day accounting function in the Johannesburg support office and Kruger to Canyons (K2C) Landscape demonstration,
- To ensure compliance to the International Accounting Standards and Conservation International (CI) and Conservation South Africa (CSA) Policies and Procedures.
- The Finance Coordinator will be required to become familiar with the financial systems and controls utilized by CSA.
- Process and match payments in our finance software – Unit 4 Business World, to ensure month end deadlines are met for the Johannesburg and K2C offices.
- Process Journals relating to petty cash, travel related activities, staff claims and advances, payroll, bank account transactions and reconciliations.
- The Finance Coordinator will be required to prepare EFT’s for JHB and K2C office accounts (Office rental, Internet, etc.), check all paperwork relating to financial transactions from the JHB and K2C staff.
- A key function in this role provide feedback and guidance to the Finance Manager and the CSA Finance Director on any compliance issues arising.
- Prepare EFT’s for workshops, and other event costs in time to ensure timely payment of services and facilities for the JHB and K2C offices.
- Ensure that all approved EFT’s are loaded onto CATS banking for payment and processing.
- Ensure proper documentation exists and complies with CSA procurement requirements before disbursements are made.
- Prepare monthly cash flow forecasts for the Johannesburg and K2C offices and submit to Cape Town for approval and processing.
- Review general ledger transactions per landscape in order to ensure accurate capturing of financial information and report any discrepancies.
- Assist with monthly reconciliations of various Balance Sheet items.
- Maintain Finance files to ensure that they are audit ready.
- Pay office expenses in a timely manner and ensure that no expenditure goes ahead without prior knowledge and approval of office manager and that Cost Centre approval levels are adhered to.
- Assist in monitoring & updating of information including asset registers, accounting questionnaires and Human Resources questionnaires.
- Maintain the JHB and K2C Asset Register – update and submit monthly to the Cape Town office.
- Liaise with the Cape Town office relating to vehicle licensing and insurance queries.
- Liaise with the Operations Department around any insurance queries relating to vehicles stationed at the JHB and K2C Office.
- Attend weekly finance meetings
- Assist with internal and external audit queries
- Be prepared to take on additional activities as they arise, due to the growing nature of projects.
- Note: Key Performance Indicators and specific annual deliverables may be amended, and this position may require travelling from time to time.
- The position will report directly to the Finance Manager in the Johannesburg.
Essential minimum requirements for successful application: please do not apply for this position if you do not meet all of the following criteria:
- Completed BCom degree or similar qualification with completed articles.Minimum 2 years relevant working experience,
- Experience in MS Office programmes with advanced Excel knowledge
- Ability and experience required to administer and execute financial processes and transactions
- Good administrative and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle pressure and is dynamic to change
- Deadline driven
- Meticulous, detailed and accurate
- Valid driver’s license
- Experience in the NGO sector, preferably in an international NGO
- Previous experience in working on complex finance systems would be an advantage
- Experience in working in a team based in different locations
- The basic salary available is R20 000 per month excluding benefits
- Kindly indicate your salary expectation with your application.
Application Process and Disclaimer:
- All persons who meet the above-mentioned requirements are encouraged to apply.
- Please forward your Curriculum Vitae and cover letter to: [email protected]
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted directly and should be available for interviews in Johannesburg or Cape Town. CSA will communicate with shortlisted candidates only.
- If you do not receive feedback from us within 14 days of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
- Conservation South Africa retains the right not to fill this position.
Application Deadline: Monday, 10 August, 2019