Conservation South Africa, as a local affiliate of Conservation International, is committed to helping societies adopt a more sustainable approach to development one that considers and values nature at every turn and improves human well-being through the conservation of healthy ecosystems and the goods and services they provide. Conservation South Africa seeks to influence policy, develop markets, engage the private sector, and support communities to develop and implement conservation- based economic growth models and long-term human well-being.
Job Title: Natural Resource Management Administrative Assistant
Job Location: Springbok in Northern Cape
Salary: R8 000 per month
The purpose of the Natural Resource Management Administrative Assistant is to assist the project implementation team in ensuring the smooth running of project delivery, monitoring and evaluating outcomes, reporting and verifying results and assisting the team in achieving targets.
- Order and issue of PPE
- Prepare monthly payroll and capturing timesheets weekly
- Prepare monthly KPI report
- Maintain monthly filing of CSA timesheets – for verification purpose
- Arrange workshops, training and meetings, including all applicable logistical arrangements
- Document and distribute of local NRM highlights to head office on a monthly basis
- Be prepared to take on additional activities as they arise, due to the growing nature of projects
- Project monitoring and support
- Together with Manager and project implementers, develop an innovative and practical monitoring and evaluation system
- Provide assistance, as deemed necessary, to implement the integrated monitoring system on compliance to the approved project plans and budget
- Produce regular reports on M&E findings to CSA staff
- Verify information supplied by field teams to ensure accuracy
- Assist with logistical arrangements for training and workshops, including Venue, transport, catering, facilitation and participant information
- Comply with all CSA and relevant donor systems and policies as per grant agreements
- Ensure that progress reports, work plans, and audit reports are submitted timeously to CSA and relevant donor agencies
- Ensure that documentation pertaining to procurement is accurate, invoices are processed and forwarded to finance administrator
- Liaise with field workers and CSA HQ to ensure that hours worked are captured, verified and submitted on time
- Prepare monthly payroll spreadsheets according to set format and ensure that they are accurate
- Submit all necessary new employee and external service provider documentation to HR (PAS forms, ID copies, bank details and SARS information as well as any HR specific queries)
- Minimum Grade 12 education (additional qualifications will be an advantage)
- Minimum of two years’ project administration experience
- A valid driver’s license and at least two years previous driving experience
- Strong excel skills
- Fluent in both English and Afrikaans
- Detail oriented with analytical mindset
- Understanding of natural resource management
- Communication skills
- Bookkeeping skills
- Demonstrated previous experience in monitoring and evaluation
- Preferred – Data management experience
To apply submit CV and cover letter to: [email protected] and indicate the reference NGED NRM Admin
Both male and female persons who meet the above-mentioned requirements are encouraged to apply.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted directly and should be available for interviews in Springbok.
CSA will communicate with shortlisted candidates only.
If you do not receive feedback from us within 14 days of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Conservation South Africa retains the right not to fill this position.
Application Deadline: 6th July, 2018