Posted on :
17 Dec, 2014
17 Dec, 2014
Murray & Roberts Power & Energy invite suitably qualified candidates to apply for the position of Construction Manager (Structural Steel) for the Kusile Project reporting to the Senior Construction Manager. The project entails the building of 6 x 780 MW Coal Fired Super Critical Boiler for the coal fired Kusile Power Station to be erected at the Kusile Site at Mpumalanga ,Witbank, South Africa.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
1. Control man hours allowed for erection, ensure all budgets are met or improved. This includes updating construction schedules and assisting with drawing up of construction schedules.
2. Ensure high standards of safety and quality are adhered to.
3. Must be able to work unsupervised and lead a team.
4. Must report all deviations from the scope of work timeously in writing to the Area Manager.
5. Recruitment of suitable qualified staff within the discipline.
Key Requirements Suitable candidates must have the following work experience:
1. The appointed candidate must have at least 15 years experience in the Structural Steelwork field.
2. Previous experience in this type of position on a similar project would be an advantage.
3. Must be able to read erection/construction drawings.
Education Suitable candidates must possess the following minimum qualifications and skills:
• A recognized trade in the field (Boilermaking, Mechanical fitting), with N3 or equivalent NQF level.
• Supervisory management diploma from a reputable institute would be an advantage
• Team player
• Be proactive
• Have sound judgment
• Logical, accurate and precise
• Honest and open personality
How to Apply
Job Title Construction Manager (Structural Steel)
Nature of Employment Limited Duration Contract Employee
Notes 1. The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
2. Murray & Roberts Power & Energy reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
3. An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.
4. If you do not receive any feedback on your application within 4 weeks from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
5. Please note that the suitable candidate must be willing to be re-assigned to Medupi Power Project in Ellisras , Limpopo, if operational requirements should deem it necessary.