Cornerstone is an independent, not-for-profit higher education institution engaged in teaching and learning in service of others, to advance human dignity.
Job Title: Online Instructional Designer
Location: CBD, Cape Town
Reports to: The Online Learning and Teaching Specialist
- A BA degree (A relevant NQF Level 7 qualification (NQF Level 8 would be a distinct advantage)
- An excellent command of the English language and ability to write and edit course material
- Familiarity with the online education sector
- Previous Experience working in a tertiary education environment
- Working knowledge of the South African Higher Education Environment
- Proven experience as an instructional designer and excellent knowledge of online pedagogy
- Knowledge of educational technology
- Prior experience working with tools such as Articulate Storyline, Xerte and Prezi would be an advantage. Graphic design experience would also be beneficial.
- Experience with the Sakai Virtual Learning Environment would be a distinct advantage (Funda)
- A high level of organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to motivate others
- Write and amend course content
- Work with subject matter experts from a variety of disciplines including education, psychology, sociology and theology to develop course content
- Design supporting multimodal material and practice exercises which enhance learning
- Apply best practice instructional design principles when creating course content and ensure alignment of learning outcomes and content.
- Maintain project documentation and course folders accurately.
- Work within deadlines and agreed timeframes
Please email your CV along with a covering letter to [email protected].