Cornerstone is an independent, not-for-profit higher education institution engaged in teaching and learning in service of others, to advance human dignity.
Job Title: Faculty Manager – Operations and Quality
Location: CBD Cape Town
Reports to: Executive Dean
Anticipated start date: 1 Dec 2019
The faculty manager’s primary function will be to coordinate and drive all aspects of Faculty administration and quality enhancement. He/she will report to the Executive Dean, who holds oversight of the academic enterprise and leads the faculty strategically. The faculty manager will work in partnership with the Heads of Departments, and/or Heads and Coordinators of Programmes. The successful candidate will also supervise the following offices that report to her/him: Faculty Officer and Online Learning and Teaching Specialist (and the learning technologist in that office).
- NQF Level 9 and above tertiary qualification, with PHD a preference
- 3-5 years of relevant planning, management and academic administration skills
- Excellent administrative and project management skills
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, time management and planning skills
- Highly competent in computer skills (advanced level)
- Able to work independently and under pressure
- Excellent written, oral and business writing communication skills
- Previous HR and Finance (budgeting) experience
- Excellent report writing skills
- Ability to adjust to constantly changing situations while maintaining focus on delivery and follow-through
- Ability to think strategically, work creatively, effectively and in an innovative manner
- Professional leadership experience in a Higher Education institution.
- This will include faculty operational coordination and implementation of:
- academic administration,
- learning technology,
- curriculum quality enhancement (and accreditation),
- human resources,
- financial planning,
- budgeting and
- Other functions and duties
- Contribute to the improvement of systems and processes where possible.
- Assists with the development, implementation, monitoring and refining of delivery and administration processes and systems.
- Manage relationships with business and internal stakeholders.
- Build a high-performance culture in the programmes team.
- Attend/participate in Academic Governance Meetings.
- Attend and contribute to operational meetings as required.
- Provide thought Leadership.
Please email your CV along with a covering letter to [email protected].
In your covering letter please outline your suitability for the post. EE candidates and only Cape Town based applicants will be considered.
Application Deadline: Thursday, 31 October, 2019