Provide opportunities to enhance skills and competencies acquired to facilitate access to corporate sector and kickstart relevant career
Job Title: Corporate Affairs Intern (Fix Term Contract)
Acquisition of foundational workplace experience that seeks to apply knowledge gained in tertiary institutions of learning.
- Serious contenders will have a Degree/BTECH/National Diploma in Communication/ Social Development studies/ Law/ Business
- Sound knowledge and understanding of relevant stakeholder and community relations standards and international protocols is essential;
- Basic knowledge of relevant legislation and regulations governing the mining and minerals industry is essential;
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and Internet navigation is essential.
- Perform administrative activities in support of Corporate Affairs mandate and key deliverables;
- Co-ordinate CA reporting;
- Monitor departmental activities against approved plans, prompt corrective actions to close gaps and escalate non-conformances;
- Assist in the execution of the stakeholder engagement plan and documentation outcomes of interactions;
- Support the monitoring of host community issues to enable early warning of emerging trends that may impact the operations negatively and activate mitigating actions;
- Assist in profiling and mapping of stakeholders and keep the stakeholder register relevant and up to date.
- Support the team in preparation for stake holder engagements;
- Support the SED team on implementation and review of Key deliverables from the Community Standards, such as Social baseline studies, Social Impact and Opportunity Assessments and Community Perception surveys in predetermined intervals;
- Assist in project managing Local Economic Development projects, Corporate Social Investment and any other Mine Community Development initiatives and interventions;
- Support the communications team in planning and implementing campaigns, events and outreach initiatives in support of SED/HR/Operations and or Stakeholder Relations;
- Assist with the development/review and execution of measurement tools to gauge communication effectiveness;
- Help with the preparation of media relations material and media outreach to tell SAEC success and positive stories.
Application Closing Date: Tuesday, September 4, 2018