Corruption Watch (CW) is a nonprofit, civil society organisation. CW receives reports of corruption from the public, investigates certain reports, exposes corruption through communications’ platforms and mobilises the public to take a stand against corruption and the abuse of public funds.
Job Title: Junior Data Capturer
Job Location: Johannesburg
Reports to: Stakeholder Officer
The purpose of the position is capture and respond to whistleblower reports received through Corruption Watch’s numerous reporting channels.
- Receive and respond to reports received via Corruption Watch’s reporting channels, including walk-ins, fax, telephone, email, online, WhatsApp and post
- Follow up with reporters to ensure that the full details of the corruption incident is captured and can therefore be classified appropriately
- Communicate with whistleblowers with updates on their reported case
- Referral of reports that fall outside of Corruption Watch’s mandate to the relevant institutions
- Grade 12
- Understand corruption
- Understand the context in which CW works and how CW classifies corruption
- Interpersonal skills and empathy
- Verbal communication skills
- Written communication skills
- Computer Literacy: Microsoft Office
- Time management
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving skills
- Proficiency in at least two languages
- Team player – work well with others, include others, participate in teams led by others (e.g. campaigns)
- Honesty and Respect
- Patient and able to work under pressure
- Accuracy in capturing reports
- Willingness to learn
To apply, submit your covering letter motivating your application for the position, concise CV (not more than five pages) and three contactable work references (including email addresses) to [email protected]
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.
If you do not hear from us within 30 days of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Application Deadline: 30th November, 2018