Corruption Watch is a civil society organisation that was launched in 2012.They encourage the public to report incidents of corruption to us and we use these reports as an important source of information to fight corruption in South Africa and to hold our leaders accountable. They achieve this through policy advocacy, public mobilisation, strategic litigation and select investigations.
Job Title: Reports Officer
Employment Type: One year contract, subject to renewal.
The purpose of the position is to receive and follow-up on whistle-blower reports received through the various organisational reporting channels.
- Receive, respond to and manage reports received via the various reporting channels;
- Follow-up with whistle-blowers to obtain more information on cases for further action / intervention;
- Ensure the integrity of the information database by ensuring that the data is correct and all reports are captured accurately in accordance with organisational standards;
- Refer reports to internal departments, as well as external third parties for investigation / intervention;
- Communicate with external parties to foster relationships for referral mechanisms; and
- Conduct follow-ups with agencies to which reports have been referred to.
- Diploma in administration or related field, previous investigative experience is advantageous;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a related position;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Knowledge of data capturing and database management;
- Investigative skills
- Attention to detail with the ability to work autonomously:
- Experience of working in a pressured environment and effectively managing competing demands in short timescales; and
- Experience of working as part of a team delivering complex tasks.
Applications should include a one page cover letter and should be sent to [email protected]
Application Deadline: Friday, 31 January, 2020