As one of the largest business support solutions (BSS) providers, CSG International provides solutions to a global client base. Join an elite team of IT professionals who are driven for success in finding innovative solutions for our company and clients. We respond to the complexity of a dynamic, convergent world with a flexible set of needs-based solutions, innovative new technologies, and forward thinking that helps our clients solve business problems and identify new opportunities and revenue streams.
Technical Consultant Release Management (Open)
Position Type:Full time
Organization:PS – Resources EMEA
Technical Consultant Release Management
This position will be responsible for providing the technical leadership and coordination of all release / deployment management activities, processes, and planning within the delivery team, and will be a key interface between the various development, testing, and operational teams. Release and deployment management is a critical area as it is only through effective software delivery that we as a company are able to meet the market demands of our customers in a timely manner.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Assists in the identification and analysis of the external client’s technical requirements.
- Under supervision at first, manage release promotions (including core upgrades) from development through to UAT.
- Effectively communicates with customer/end user, including efficient response in trouble shooting and escalation when necessary.
- Produces and maintains documentation according to standards.
- Adheres to Intec software development standards and procedures.
- Forward Plan the release windows and cycles across a portfolio.
- Manage and highlight risks and resolve issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality.
- Measure and monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time and within budget, and that they meet or exceed expectations.
- Communicate all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, QA plans, schedule, and scope changes.
- Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams at different locations.
- Conduct Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews.
- Produce Deployment, Run Books and Implementation Plans.
- Weekly Release Reporting or as is required.
- Communicate release details and schedules to the Business as required.
- Negotiate, plan and manage all release activities.
- Work with release engineers to understand impacts of branches and code merges.
- Maintains the release schedule for all core services and ensure alignment across key partners and vendors.
- Continually work towards making improvements in the release process.
- Lead and co-ordinate the Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment Plans and checklists.
- Participate in CAB meetings to discuss release scope and/or roadblocks.
- Maintains a release repository and manages key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists.
- Research new software development and configuration management methodologies and technologies.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Degree qualification and/or relevant experience
- 5 years’ experience within a Telco software development environment
- Knowledge and experience of high volume transactional systems (rating, billing, provisioning)
- Experience in coordinating activities within a distributed team
- Experience with ticket management systems (e.g. USD / Jazz / Relgen / Remedy)
- Good team work abilities / skills
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to communicate effectively with customers, developers, architects, testers and project managers
- Outgoing, action-oriented, self-starter who enjoys a fast paced environment
- Attention to detail and quality
- Ability to work well under pressure, and with a sense of urgency, while having to multitask
- A willingness to at times be on-call / standby outside of normal business hours