The CSIR: Meraka Institute has a number of vacancies for In-service Trainees. The unit positions itself as the strategic science, engineering and technology (SET) partner of state departments, particularly, the department of Science and Technology.
The unit has a number of positions for outstanding undergraduate students in the following competency domains:
- Computer Science
- Information Technology
- Information Systems
- Electronic Engineering
- Other related areas
- Design, plan and execute (development) research projects under supervision;
- Assist in technology testing;
- Contribute to the writing of reports and manuscripts;
- Present data and results in a poster format or orally.
- The minimum education qualification is at least two years’ completed theoretical component of a national diploma or a Bachelor’s degree in all the disciplines listed above. Students currently studying will be considered only if the training schedule will not affect their academic calendar.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate an in-depth understanding of theory with the ability to apply knowledge.
- A strong work ethic (e.g. accountability and reliability) and the ability to work under supervision within a dynamic team environment.
- The following competencies are critical for this position:
- Sound technical knowledge;
- Lateral thinking ability; and
- Knowledge and appreciation of a cross-disciplinary project team environment.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to contribute across the boundaries imposed by classical scientific disciplines.
- Strong interpersonal skills involving the ability to work effectively cross-functionally and cross-culturally.
How To Apply
Closing Date: 31 January 2014