The CSIR has an opportunity for an Intern who will provide first-line support to end-users within the CSIR. This position is based in Pretoria.
- Assemble, configure and support end-point devices, inclusive of the necessary user support required;
- Perform the necessary debugging on all equipment to ensure proper functionality, and help out on all projects that involve end-user support;
- Perform basic network and telephony service support, installations, configuration and provide general user advice where required;
- Troubleshoot software and hardware;
- Conduct desktop management, maintenance, and roll-out mechanism;
- Provide support for both network and stand-alone printers;
- Ensure desktop functionality is available and accessible at all times to CSIR end-users;
- Support Microsoft and Linux desktops in a Novell environment;
- Ensure quality service is provided to clients.
Qualifications, skills, and experience:
- A National Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in information technology;
- A+ certificate would be advantageous;
- Basic computer knowledge;
- Good customer relations and communication skills;
- Stress management skills and ability to handle difficult customers;
- A team player and lateral thinker who takes initiative.
CLICK HERE TO VIEW AND APPLY ONLINE