The Centre for the Study of Violence and Reconciliation (CSVR) seeks to appoint a Research Intern to be based in South Africa.
CSVR: Research Intern
The Centre for the Study of Violence and Reconciliation (CSVR) is a non-governmental organisation which envisions societies that are peaceful, equal and free from violence. CSVR aims to understand and prevent violence, heal its effects and build sustainable peace at community, national and regional levels.
We do this through collaboration with and learning from the lived and diverse experiences of communities affected by violence and conflict to inform innovative interventions, generate knowledge, shape public discourse, influence policy, hold states accountable and promote gender equality, social cohesion and active citizenship.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Humanities or Law
- Applicants should be South African citizens or Permanent Residents of South Africa
- Research interests in violence prevention, transitional justice, social justice and human rights
- Fast learner and ability to work independently
- Microsoft Office skills
- Office administration skills
- Basic quantitative and qualitative skills
- Good writing skills
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Support research processes, including literature reviews, desktop research and qualitative assessments
- Write Minutes, edit and proofread
- Assist with website and social media updates
- Assist with general organisational administration
Click HERE to apply
Closing date: 5 December 2017