Cummins Inc. is a $18 billion, Fortune 200 company and the world’s largest independent producer and distributor of diesel engines and related components. Our continued success globally is predicated on the capability and extent of our product range, our commitment to new technology and the quality of our people.
Cummins Inc., a global power leader, is a corporation of complementary business units that design, manufacture, distribute and service engines and related technologies, including fuel systems, controls, air handling, filtration, emission solutions and electrical power generation systems. Headquartered in Columbus, Indiana (USA), Cummins serves customers in approximately 190 countries and territories through a network of more than 500 Company-owned and independent distributor locations and approximately 5,200 dealer locations.
Regionally, Cummins Africa operates across eleven countries, employs in excess 1500 people and is a recognized segment leader in the Mining and Power Generation market segments.
Purpose of the position
As the Business Process Specialist for the Wholegoods (Engine & Genset sales) function, you’ll be in a high-impact role with regional leadership for process design and implementation within the Distribution Business Unit in Africa. You will participate in global projects to introduce common business processes leveraging Oracle E-business Suite for the Cummins Distribution Business.
Specifically, the rewards of this role include:
- Impact **– You will be in a lead role, working with regional and global teams from the Distribution business, the IT Oracle Applications Development and Support organization and external partners to implement process improvements and new systems in the Wholegoods (Engine & Genset sales) function.
- Pride & Stability** – You’ll join the Cummins Africa organization supporting business entities across Africa.
- Career Growth **– We recognize and reward highly motivated individuals who develop their skills and use them to perform well on the job. Your success in this role could set you up for a number of advancement opportunities, depending on your interests and strengths.
As a senior leader on the Africa ERP deployment project team, the Africa Business Process Specialist- Wholegoods (Engine & Genset sales) will have overall leadership for all Wholegoods (Engine & Genset sales) process analysis, design, development and implementation in Africa. You will work with the global Business Process Leader to ensure deployment of common processes for the Africa implementation. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Partner with other Process Leaders, Wholegoods (Engine & Genset sales) Process Specialists, Process Experts and consultants to design efficient, customer focused business processes that are effectively supported by the ERP application
- Partner with key stakeholders in requirements analysis, solution assessment and validation
- Inform the other project team members of quality issues, changing business requirements etc.
- Advise on acceptability of project team deliverables
- Work with other Module Leaders to ensure information flows between the modules in support of the overall business need
- Assist in defining all major deliverables such as Scope, Scope Exclusions, Project Plan, Resource Management, Project Contract, Requirements Document, Change Management Strategy, Implementation Strategy and Support Strategy.
- Support end-user training development and implementation
- Coordinate process training for internal team
*Required Skill and Experience
- SKILLS – FUNCTIONAL/TECHNICAL:*
- Familiarity with business process modeling methodologies such as BPMN and IDEF
- Business knowledge: Experience with distribution Wholegoods (Engine & Genset sales) processes and Cummins Distribution.
- Application implementation: Demonstrated experience successfully implementing business applications, preferably for the Wholegoods (Engine & Genset sales) functions.
- Communication: Ability to communicate effectively (verbal, written, presentation) to all levels of the organization.
- Customer orientation: Ability to develop strong relationships with key customers in the Distribution business and approach every challenge with a customer-centric view.
*SKILLS – QUALITY/IMPROVEMENT:
- Problem solving: Apply sound analytical skills in dealing with issues that are not readily defined and / or that conflict with available information. Break a problem down into manageable pieces and implementing effective & timely solutions. Separating the root cause from the symptoms of a problem will be the key.
- Process analysis and design: Demonstrated experience analysis, designing, testing and improving business processes.
- Process excellence: Demonstrated experience driving solutions that meet or exceed the needs of the business.
- Attention to detail: Constant focus on every aspect of your work,
- Six Sigma: Green Belt minimum certified or willing to become certified
- BABOK training a plus
- Planning and Organization: Organize your work, and the work of your functional team, in an effective manner and meet your commitments. Create action plans that are timely and realistic. Know how and when to delegate to make effective use of your time.
*SKILLS – TEAMWORK:
- Team building and motivation: Demonstrated, positive experiences working in a team environment in a manner that supports positive interaction, constructive conflict and motivates others.
- Conflict resolution: Ability to identify and address conflicts and competing agendas of project teams and multiple stakeholder groups (including customers) and to facilitate resolution of differences in a productive manner. Ability to ask probing questions, detect unstated assumptions and resolve interpersonal conflicts.
- Communication: Ability to foster open communication across the project team and with stakeholder groups.
*SKILLS – LEADERSHIP:
- Integrity: Act with the highest level of honesty, openness and commitment in all aspects of your work.
- Influence: Influence and gain the support of business partners, subordinates, peers and management.
- Change Management: Ability to lead and support the organizational change management challenges of introducing global common processes.
- Judgment and Decision Making: Deal with problems that require involvement from others to solve. Reach a sound decision quickly, yet have weighed the alternatives and risks before taking action. Negotiating skills would help you be effective in this role.
*TRAVEL REQUIRED (%): *30 – 50%, depending on home location
- Degree or equivalent in business related discipline preferred
Job: SYSTEMS/INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Primary Location: South Africa-Gauteng-Johannesburg-South Africa, Johannesburg, Harrowdene Park
Job Type: Experienced – Professional / Office
Req ID: 13000151
How to Apply
Click on each link below to apply for any chosen position
Africa Business Processing Specialist – Wholegoods & Services in Johannesburg South Africa
Africa Business Processing Specialist – Parts in Johannesburg South Africa
Africa Business Processing Specialist – Finance & HR in Johannesburg South Africa