Posted on :
5 May, 2014
5 May, 2014
Manage all operational activities in the Middleburg area of responsibility:
· Leadership and development of technicians and support staff allocated to the Middleburg operation.
· Manage and control all scheduled and unscheduled maintenance and co- operative maintenance on CpH engines.
· Manage and control the quality and standard of all work to Cummins Inc. standards.
· Manage and control the Expenses, Sales, Margins and PBIT for all on site contracts and works (Full P&L responsibility).
· Manage and control all safety related issues on all sites, including legal appointments where required.
· Manage and control on site consignment stock and movement of replacement and critical stock to and between sites.
· Manage and control the execution and submission of warranty related jobs and paperwork.
· Manage the relationship between the sites and the centralized administration functions of Mining CoE.
· Interact with customers on site to General Manager level, both with key customers and OEM’s.
· Maintain excellent relationship with customers and clients
1. Retain outstanding people. Employ, develop and motivate staff by which to achieve the objectives of the company.
1.1 Motivate staff through performance feedback and taking relevant actions (Stakeholders: Team, HR, Management)
1.2 Manage staff to ensure performance achievement according to individual position profiles (Stakeholders: Team)
1.3 Maintain the Branch Training Achievement Level (BTAL) for all sites.
1.4 Identification and development of technical management capability.
2.Manage Financial results
2.1 Create the AOP for Parts and Service sales, Warranty and all Expenses for the department.
2.2 Develop CAPEX requirements for the budget period for the department.
2.3 Manage and control all debtors within the TOS area of responsibility.
2.4 Achieve parts and service sales budget month on month.
2.5 Manage and control WIP for Northern Cape
3. General Administration
3.1 Maintain general administrative functions and controls to achieve results as per main purpose above
4. Build and maintain customer relationships.
4.1 Ensure that all interaction with customers are professional and in a manner which portrays the company’s standards of ethics and conduct.
4.2 Manage NPS Surveys and ensure that all Action Plans are implemented.
4.3 Develop and maintain a visit schedule to all sites and customers
4.4 Lead and manage the resolution of all Customer concerns from the Northern Cape.
4.5 Adhere to all site safety, health and environmental requirements
5.1 Manage and control of minimum stock levels on remote sites.
6.1 Document Retention of all documents
6.2 Customer reports
6.3 Engine population register (EPR)
6.4 Work and Service quality
Required Skills & Experience:
· Parts/Service / Administration department operations/functions
· Workshop management and control.
· Experience in Service Support, Mining and Industrial markets, preferably at Key Account Manager level
· Direct dealings with customers – essential.
· Must be technically competent with respect to the operation and maintenance of HHP engines within the Mining environment
· Proven ability to manage to exacting standards under a minimum of supervision
· A minimum of 5 years Technical experience, preferably Cummins HHP.
· Good interpersonal skills, the ability to integrate with customers at all levels of management.
· Ability to interpret financial ledger
· People management skills, with focus on the ability to manage remote sites and personnel who are integrated into customer organizations, across a diversity of cultural backgrounds.
· Driving license – essential. Product knowledge – essential. General business knowledge – essential.
· Matric/Senior Certificate –essential. ERP system knowledge at user level – essential. Qualified technician – essential
Job: General Management
Primary Location: South Africa-Gauteng-Johannesburg-South Africa, Middelburg, Cummins Distributor
Job Type: Experienced – Professional / Office
How to Apply