Posted on :
9 Sep, 2014
9 Sep, 2014
The incumbent of this role is responsible for conducting Compliance Assessments at all Domestic Stations in line with IOSA Operational Standards and regulatory requirements.
Grade 12 or equivalent at NQF level 4
Diploma in Quality Assurance and Compliance in the Aviation field/industry will be an advantage
Successful completion of training in Dangerous Good Regulation Category 6 (CAT 6), Perishables and Live Animals handling
A minimum of 1 – 2 experience in Quality Assurance environment
• Ensure that costs are responsibly managed in own sphere of influence (telephone costs, printing costs and so forth)
• Provide an effective administrative/operational service to customers
• Capture information utilized for Assessments/Audits, distribute to responsible Managers for further action if necessary.
• Conduct quarterly Safety compliance assessments at ORTIA and maintain record thereof; report non compliances to business and submit to South African Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) where applicable.
• Conduct Compliance Assessments
• Compile Compliance Assessment reports and process “Corrective Action Request” forms where applicable and follow up on corrective action
• Maintain the Assessment Check list
• Capture and file data as required for reporting purposes against relevant standards and procedures
• Assist with the capturing of information on the relevant Cargo System as and when required
• Respond to all internal and/or external customer related queries timeously
• Distribute the Regulated Agent list received from AVSEC
• Compile monthly DG/Security awareness compliance report and distribute to all stakeholders
• Take career ownership and conduct sessions with Managers in order to complete Personal Development Plan
• Attend required training and development in order to build on competencies needed for development
• Adhere to performance management schedule and relevant practices
• Set priorities appropriately to ensure that work outputs are timely and of the highest quality
• Practice SAA values in executing daily tasks
• Maintain a healthy and safe place to work by complying to standards and regulations
• Contribute to the optimisation of the QA & Compliance function through actively participating in improvement projects that will protect business against risks in the function
• Complete all project administration relate to QA & Compliance projects/initiatives within relevant area, taking responsibility for planning and implementation, under guidance from the Assistant Manager/Manager
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
1. Though knowledge and understanding of the airline cargo handling processes and procedures
2. Employee Relations rules/policies and it application
3. HR Policies, procedures and applicable labor legislation
4. Competent in regulation of all Aviation Regulatory bodies (CAA, ICAO etc.) IATA, (IOSA) requirements and cargo procedures and processes
5. Extensive knowledge of Cargo Operations
6. Knowledge of the operating system i.e. I Cargo
7. Basic understanding of financial statements
8. Communication (verbal & written) skills
9. Time management skills
10. Data capturing skills
11. Information processing skills
12. Planning and organizing skills
13. Problem solving skills
14. Resource utilization skills
15. Computer literacy (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
1. Analytical Skills
2. Principle and value adherence
3. Attention to detail
4. Conscientious and be able to work independently
5. Customer orientation
7. Organizational resilience and ability to manage pressure
8. Result driven
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
The onus is on the applicant to prove that he/she meets the minimum requirements, therefore please ensure that your CV is detailed enough, in other words, makes reference to qualifications, knowledge, skills, experience (inclusive of duties, tenure, designation etc.) and attributes.
Please note that no applications will be accepted without a certified copy of the applicant’s ID and all relevant qualifications.
Closing date will be on 2014-09-12 at 15H00 Please be mindful of the closing date as NO late applications will be considered.
Applicants will go through a comprehensive assessment process which may include competency and/or psychometric assessments;
Applicants will undergo pre-employment checks i.e. criminal, credit, reference, authentication of qualification etc.
SAA is committed to Employment Equity. All appointments will be made in this context.
SAA reserves the right not to make an appointment to any of the positions contained in this advert.
Queries relating to the above positions may be directed to the relevant HRBP.
Should you not receive a response in 21 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
How to Apply
Closing : 01 October 2014