Danone is a global company with an inspiring mission, “bringing health through food to as many people as possible”.
With us, you could learn and develop yourself in a collaborative and empowering environment.
Fulfilling both personal growth and professional development is part of our DNA.
Join us and contribute to a meaningful Project.
Danone Southern Africa (Pty) currently has a vacancy for a SHE Graduate in the Health and Safety department, based at our Boksburg Plant.
With our global presence, brands and business within our mission: bringing health through food to as many people as possible; we believe that people growth is a key asset to reach a sustainable business performance. Take this opportunity to GROW together!
To grow the top line of the brand and to meet budget targets. This involves taking accountability for the brand, including providing a clear sense of direction on the brand to the rest of the team, while keeping people accountable on delivery.
• Studying final year towards Environmental Health or Safety Management or Environmental Management
• SAMTRAC or NOSA or related fields or completed National Diploma in Environmental Health or Safety Management or Environmental Management
•ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 management systems knowledge and auditing
- Develops, implements, administration and maintain an effective program and ensure compliance by monitoring its effectiveness to satisfy the requirements of DANONE’s Standards, Policies and Local legislation e.g. the OHS, COID and Environmental conservation Acts
- Develops systems to ensure that all employees comply with all relevant DANONE’s and legal safety requirements
- Develops, administrates, review and update all SHE Procedures annually and when there is a need for changes
- Conducting daily health and safety inductions to all DANONE permanent and temporary employees including construction contractors
- Liaises with on site contractors to ensure their compliance with Company safety regulations and adherence to safety standards, including basic safety induction training
- Conducts surveys and audits as required by DANONE’s and local legislation to identify and minimize the risk to Company and employees. Identify unsafe acts, conditions, and hazards, investigate root causes
- Conduct a register for all Hazardous chemicals used on site and provide MSDS’s files at point of use
- Carry out monthly checks on all Emergency communication equipment
- Conduct monthly checks of emergency doors and equipment
- Conduct an annual waste inventory
- File and maintain all waste manifest, weight reports and disposal certificates for all non-hazardous, hazardous waste and recyclable wastes monthly
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Kindly note that this position is a fixed term contract for 12 months.