Posted on :
15 Jun, 2016
15 Jun, 2016
Danone Southern Africa (Pty) currently has a vacancy for a Lab Intern in the Laboratory department to be based at our Boksburg plant.
With our global presence, brands and business within our mission of bringing health through food to as many people as possible; we believe that people growth is a key asset to reach a sustainable business performance.
To grow the top line of the brand and to meet budget targets involves taking accountability for the brand and providing a clear sense of direction on the brand to the rest of the team, while keeping people accountable on delivery. Take this opportunity to GROW together!
• Daily data capturing of results
• File inputted data
• File Month End data
• Help with adhoc admin responsibilities for the lab
• Escalate any gaps in records and complete the non-conformance file with the persons details. Take the file to the individual for completion or send a mail for their attention should they be on night shift.
Assist Lab Technicianwith the following:
• Collect on line samples as stipulated on the sampling and testing plans.
• Prepare testing solutions and reagents as required for the different tests to be done (Media, diluents and chemical solutions).
• Test samples from milk reception; processing; packaging and utilities as required by various control plans.
• Record results on appropriate result recording sheets.
• Escalate all deviations from specifications to the Quality Engineer on shift and Lab Manager
• Ensure that laboratory non-conforming results are handled as per the non-conformance procedure; and action implemented to prevent reoccurrence.
• Assist R&D department with ad hoc testing
• Ensure that all test results are submitted to the requester
• Ensure that follow up samples are tested for quality assurance
• Check, verify and calibrate lab equipment as per procedure (and stipulated frequency)
• Apply “clean as you go” principles
• Participate in projects and trials as required
• Participate in ad hoc testing as required
• Participate in audits
• Participant in yearly proficiency testing schemes
Kindly note that this position is a fixed term contract for 12 (twelve) months.
Please apply directly online for the vacancy.
All the best!