Job TitleData Protection and Archiving Pre Sales Specialist-1149258
HP Autonomy are currently looking for an experienced Data Protection and Archiving Pre Sales Specialist.
The successful candidate will be based in Johannesburg with a primary responsibility of supporting both Direct and Partner Data Protection and archiving Product sales within African countries.
This Role involves Travel to any African country to support business requirements and channel development.
The candidate’s main responsibilities will be to own all presales related tasks supporting both the direct and channel Data Protection and archiving business. Whether assisting the channel or the direct sales team the successful individual will be expected to own all technical aspects of a sales cycle to include (RFI/P, Presentations, Demonstrations, Technical Assessments and functional Proof of Concepts)..
- Very good understanding of Data Protector.
- Competitive knowledge of other backup solutions an advantage
- Knowledge of Cloud based backup solution.
- Knowledge of HP storage products.
- Knowledge of cloning and snapshot technologies.
- Knowledge of virtualisation technologies.
- Knowledge (advantageous) of Databases, Exchange, SharePoint, SAP etc…
- Good understanding of VTL
- Generic SAN and NAS infrastructures
- Solid IT process knowledge
- Proven success in wins of significant opportunities in complex competitive environments
- Excellent customer, communication and presentation skills
- Strong sales and negotiation skills
- Resilience and resourcefulness when solving complex problems
- Excellent team skills
- Fluent English
- Good verbal and written English skills.
- Multitasking capacity
To be successful in this role, you will need to have a solid understanding of the sales process within the solution selling area to large top companies. You have excellent sales and communication skills on all levels of an organisation as well as a solid understanding of common challenges in today’s IT environments.
We will give you the opportunity to work in a professional, innovative and very multi-cultural environment. We will also offer you a competitive salary and benefits scheme together with excellent further career opportunities with one of the largest IT companies in the world.
Recognised as an expert in your technology area, you’ll be changing the ways in which companies work, not just selling a product.
Engaged in both new business and existing accounts, you’ll define and implement sales strategies and plans that will outperform quota and deliver net profit.
Integrated with the local sales team and liaising with marketing, manufacturing and service specialists, you’ll ensure that we deliver the most coherent, best in class solutions our customers could wish for.
- Selling into enterprise accounts
- Working closely with the inside sales teams
- Proactively managing customer base and selected prospect list to maximise revenue potential.
- Executing promotion drives into selected accounts to win business / maintain customer loyalty.
- Meeting personal goals and annual territory targets as set by direct manager
- Ensuring customer satisfaction.
Background & Experience
- Strong information technology sales experience, with relationship management and understanding of the sales cycles and mechanisms therein.
- Experienced business driver with a demonstrable record in delivering incremental revenue streams.
- Track record of managing a small number of large accounts
- Large enterprise level strategic selling
- Account planning
- Value proposition development
- Preferably software sales background.
· Able to consistently set and achieve/exceed personal revenue targets.
· Able to act as an effective conduit, communicating sales and market issues within vertical sales and group management respectively.
· Fluent in Arabic and English
· Cross functional behaviour, with a developed ability to communicate around a matrix organisation.
- Passion for the business
- Must be able to work autonomously
- Proven influencing and negotiating skills
- Team player
- Customer driven
- Self starter
- Ability to multi-task
- Good problem-solving skills
Education and Experience Required:
•Technical University or Bachelor’s degree
•Typically 8-12 years experience in technical consultative selling and account management
•Technical and/or solution experience in appropriate industry
•Experience in vertical industry preferred
Knowledge and Skills Required:
•Demonstrates a broad knowledge of HP’s technology & solutions, with deep expertise in area of specialization and related technologies
•Knowledgeable in competitive solutions knowledge.
•Links HP solutions with data business center needs to create customer business value
•Applies broad understanding of technical innovations & trends to solving customer business problems
•Applies productivity-enhancing tools and processes
•Solid credibility with HP’s business units and account teams based on history of solid results and contributions
•Establishes thought leadership in technical specialty area with customers
•Demonstrated ability to work as the lead for large complex projects
•Has a high level understanding of the HP product roadmaps for multiple BU’s, and deep knowledge in area of specialization
•Has demonstrated extensive hands-on level skills with some of the technology
•Leverages financial and accounting concepts as well as capital investment concepts in demonstrating business value of proposed solutions to customers
•Creates solutions that creatively address customer value chain and business requirements
•Persuasively communicates the value of the solution in terms of financial return and impact on customer business goals
•Appropriately tailors communications to varying levels of customer management
•Extensive level of industry acumen; keeps current with trends and able to converse with client on issues and challenges
•Demonstrates strong communications skills with executive managers, as well as some C-level executives
•Leverages strong understanding of the competition – both positioning strategy and technology – to create competitive advantage for HP
Job – Sales
Primary Location – South Africa-South Africa-Johannesburg
Schedule – Full-time
Job Type – Experienced
Shift – Day Job
Travel – Yes, 50 % of the Time
How to Apply