De Beers will be awarding a limited number of bursaries in 2018 and is inviting un – bonded students studying at University or Universities of Technology to apply. Consideration will be given to 1st, 2nd and 3rd year students already enrolled in the following fields of study:
- Mining Engineering with specialisation in Rock Engineering;
- Mining Engineering with specialisation in Mine Ventilation ;
- Mining Engineering with specialisation in Mine Planning ;
- Mine Survey ;
- Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Engineering Geology to specialise in Rock Engineering / Geotechnical Engineering.
- Grade 12 (Umalusi) Matric Certificate – minimum of an APS pass rate of 5 for Mathematics and Science .
- An N3 in Mathematics and Science will be considered.
- Un – bonded students.
- Preference will be given to students from the Limpopo Province (Musina, Blouberg and Alldays ) .
- Preference will be given to HDSA students (previously disadvantaged).
- Students are responsible for their own registration for 2018.
- The bursary is renewable annually, depending on academic performance.
Interested students who meet the required qualifying criteria should send us their:
- Curriculum Vitae ( CV ) .
- Complete and up – to – date academic record.
- Matric certificate.
- Proof of place of birth/ or copy of Municipal Account Bursary conditions:
- Post qualification, the bursar may be required to work for De Beers or Worley Parsons for a period equal to the study period funded.
Short – listed applicants will be required to undergo psychometric assessments and interviews.
Closing Date: 02 October 2017
How to Apply
For the attention of Lynn Berowsky. send your CV to
No late applications will be considered.
Please note: If you have not heard from us by 8 December 2017 , please consider your application unsuccessful.