Posted on :
24 Apr, 2010
Dell provides richly configured hardware and innovative business solutions at the best possible prices to our customers. We are at the cutting edge of technology and deliver more systems globally than any other computer company.
Dell relies on the enthusiasm and dedication of our workforce to keep us in that position and realize that by ensuring excellent working conditions and a healthy work-life balance for our employees, everybody benefits. Dell is currently seeking: Pricing Consultant
The Senior Pricing Analyst is a pricing expert with responsibility to gain and maintain sufficient key information on competition, market, cost developments and products in order to determine the right price, strategy and terms to win special pricing. Responsible for leveraging the pricing process to maximise profit, drive growth and minimize risk in order to help achieve Dell’s financial goals.
The role places high demand on independent working, accuracy, attention to detail, deadlines and ability to influence and defend point of view. PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Preparation of tenders and responsible for recommendations to senior management team.
· Quality bid qualification including customer & opportunity profiling. Fully understand the RFQ requirements using source documentation.
· Understand customer groups and their buying patterns and the implications this has for pricing including segment/customer band knowledge and specific conditions and requirements.
· Gather maximum knowledge of competitors and establish Dell’s competitive positioning, strengths & weaknesses.
· Develop creative and innovative pricing solutions and strategies. Determineoptimal price point, bidding techniques, products, configurations and manufacture/logistic arrangements for RFQ responses.
· Optimise T&Cs , perform risk assessment and ensure opportunites are constructed and revenue recognized in accordance with accounting policies. Flag risks and ensure non-standard terms and/or structure are recorded, approved and priced.
· Prioritize Profit Recovery Plan (PRP). This includes developing, managing and tracking PRPs. Request, obtain and follow-up on all funding opportunities.
· Financial modeling resulting in the most accurate financial view of the tender response (deal P&L) including but not limited to upsells, forward costs, fx impact, penalties, scenarios etc.
· Perform detailed analysis & keep up to date on all relevant developments to maintain centre of excellence expert knowledge
· Expert and up to date knowledge in cost environment, service offerings, pricing practices, margin maximization, configurations, models and product transitions, leadtime and EOL to produce quality proposals.
· Keep up to date understanding of how key competitors are pricing bids and their current strategies in the marketplace.
· Understand and review results of our RFQ responses (post mortem andwin/loss analyses) and provide the analysis to management teams. Ensure a sound understanding of the reasons for wins and losses.
· Build strong cross functional network to leverage expertise knowledge, especially with marketing and legal.
· Drive for best practice throughout the organization.
· Maintain auditable and rigorous Records Retention for all pricing documentation.
· Ensure adherence to Governance, SOX & Revenue Recognition policy. Participate in CSA exercises as required and close pricing MAPS where appropriate
· Identify, act and resolve issues that affect the business unit(s)
· Ad Hoc projects
· Maximise existing business
· Follow up to ensure that margin recovery strategies are applied post bid wins.
· Pro actively communicate impact of cost movements and product transitions etc. to sales teams.
· Margin management and analysis , including ongoing sampling of pricing to discover areas of weakness and opportunities for putting process’s in place to maximize margin without hindering pricing competitiveness
· Thorough review of low margin reports on a daily basis to ensure that the approval matrix and pricing controls are not being breached.
· Report and drive Premier Page review ensuring pricing and offerings remain competitive and valid.
· Ongoing sampling of pricing to discover areas of weakness and opportunities for putting process’s in place to maximize margin without hindering pricing competitiveness
· Ensure appropriate account reviews are in place with focus on price refreshes, product optimization to reflect the latest market situation and use of Dell model advantages.