Pretoria Deloitte Consulting Overseas Projects LLC seeks individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people in the Southern African region and demonstrate leadership, versatility and integrity in their work. We are seeking exceptional Pretoria-based candidates for a Fixed Term Employment for the USAID Southern Africa Energy Program.
Job Title: Project Performance Specialist
The USAID Southern Africa Energy Program works to advance energy policy and regulatory reform, and accelerate investment to increase power generation and access to electricity throughout the region. According to World Bank data, less than 25% of the non-South African population living in the Southern African region have access to electric power. The limited reliable power affects the competitiveness of Southern African industry, agriculture, and the economic opportunity and health conditions for rural populations, women, and youth. Through strengthening the enabling environment and facilitating public and private transactions, SAEP leverages the momentum of private investment to help focus SAEP’s resources in ways that best support the reform of national and regional energy ecosystems. At the same time, SAEP produces the tangible results needed to create a sustainable cycle of additional reforms, increased investment and continued political will.
Position Description, Objective & Responsibilities:
The Project Performance Specialist role will report to the PMO Lead, splitting time evenly between the interconnected activities of knowledge management services and project management support. The main task of project performance manager revolves around coordination of the following activities:
- Management and tracking of all the program activities and projects of SAEP.
- Revision and update of the SAEP yearly work plan activities.
- Capturing and management of data generated from the program activities.
- Archiving of all evidence, documentation and knowledge that are generated through various program activities.
- Provision of knowledge/evidence-base to the management and technical teams for decision making on project performance.
- Knowledge Management:
- Coordinate the development and maintenance of a project-wide knowledge management system that can capture, organize, and share information and knowledge from SAEP staff, counterparts, and partners;
- Ensure that all SAEP information and knowledge in form of materials essential to the program (contracts, work pans, deliverables, corresponding USAID approvals, work products, stakeholder database and contact information) are appropriately archived in the knowledge management system;
- Assist SAEP team members and counterparts in accessing said materials as needed;
- Coordinate the training of SAEP staff on appropriate use knowledge management systems and serve as the point-of-contact for those knowledge management systems, ensuring the platform is sufficient for multi-stakeholder collaboration;
- Assist the Training and Capacity Building Outcome Lead in assessing the effectiveness of knowledge management programs by observing usage and evaluate impact in terms of the organizational benefits;
- Encourage the staff and workers to share knowledge effectively and efficiently;
- Manage the process of building various databases as needed; and
- Ensure all approved SAEP deliverables are properly uploaded to the USAID Development Experience Clearinghouse website.
- Project Management Support:
- Maintain the SAEP project management system that has been implemented for managing all the SAEP project activities that include all activities by outcome or country managers, and the DCOP/Technical;
- Work with the outcome leads, country managers and other and technical staff to properly manage the progress of each program activity as enumerated in the annual work plans;
- Assist the technical staff in creating work schedules for all SAEP activities on the SAEP project management system, which involves setting major work stream to be delivered, milestones to be achieved, deliverables to be produced and approved, resources to be mobilized; and
- Provide periodic training and assistance to the technical team on how to update project activities’ details and status on the SAEP project management system on a regular basis.
- PMO Team Support:
- Support the M&E specialist with the alignment of SAEP work plan activities to the M&E indicators and targets; and
- Support the communication team the information required for periodic reporting processes, this includes reporting on the main indicators and results to technical teams and to USAID as requested.
Minimum Skill, Education & Experience:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in information management, information technology, library sciences, business administration or a related field; Master’s degree preferred;
- A minimum of four (4) years of professional experience in knowledge management, project/program performance management, monitoring and evaluation, or a related field of work required;
- Experience working on USAID-funded programs preferred;
- Analytical with experience in knowledge management, organizational learning, data management, project performance evaluation, and deliverable development;
- Experience in data capture and analysis, in evaluating and assessing project impact and in use learning and evidence form data to improve project capacity and practice, to inform policy development, business planning, service delivery and future development;
- Proficient in the use of modern business technologies and IT;
- Experience designing activity Scopes of Work including resource planning and delivery schedule development;
- Specific knowledge of, and advanced user experience of project management software, e.g. Microsoft Project, Wrike, Task World, Monday, Asana;
- Experience with Google Drive products and SharePoint;
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, Power Point, Access and Outlook);
- Experience with database development and management preferred;
- Proactive person with a positive attitude and capable to work independently as well as member of a team;
- English language fluency (strong written and verbal skills) required;
- Ability to travel as needed throughout the region; and
- Must have the ability to work in South Africa.
NOTE: No relocation cost will be covered by Deloitte Consulting Overseas Projects LLC or the USAID Southern Africa Energy Program (SAEP).
Please send a cover letter and a CV (PDF or word format) that includes contact information and three references to [email protected]. Please include the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email. No telephone inquiries. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: Thursday, 31 October, 2019