Deloitte Consulting Overseas Projects LLC seeks individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people in the Southern African region and demonstrate leadership, versatility and integrity in their work. We are seeking exceptional Pretoria-based candidates for the USAID Southern Africa Energy Program.
The USAID Southern Africa Energy Program (SAEP) works to advance energy policy and regulatory reform, and accelerate investment in the power sector so as to increase power generation and improve access to electricity throughout the region. According to World Bank data, less than 25% of the non-South African population living in the Southern African region have access to electric power. The limited reliable power affects the competitiveness of Southern African industry, agriculture, and the economic opportunity and health conditions for rural populations, women, and youth. Through strengthening the enabling environment and facilitating public and private transactions, SAEP leverages the momentum of private investment to help focus SAEP’s resources in ways that best support the reform of national and regional energy ecosystems. At the same time, SAEP produces the tangible results needed to create a sustainable cycle of additional reforms, increased investment and continued political will.
Job Title: Knowledge Manager/Project Management Support
Job Location: Pretoria
The Knowledge Manager/Project Management Support role will report to the PMO Lead, splitting time roughly 50/50 between providing knowledge management services and project management support.
Position Description, Objective and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain a project-wide knowledge management system that can capture, organize, and develop information and knowledge from SAEP staff, counterparts, and partners;
- Appropriately archive all SAEP materials essential to the program (contracts, work pans, deliverables, corresponding USAID approvals, work products) and assist SAEP team members and counterparts in accessing said materials as needed;
- Maintain the SAEP stakeholder database and contact information, and properly log that information into a knowledge management system / database and CRM system;
- Train SAEP staff to properly use knowledge management systems and serve as the point-of-contact for those knowledge management systems, ensuring the platform is sufficient for multi-stakeholder collaboration;
- Work with country managers, outcome leads, and technical staff to document and share lessons learned;
- Assist the Training and Capacity Building Outcome Lead in assessing the effectiveness of knowledge management programs by observing usage and evaluate impact in terms of the organizational benefits;
- Encourage the staff and workers to share knowledge effectively and efficiently;
- Build various databases as needed; and
- Ensure all approved SAEP deliverables are properly uploaded to the USAID Development Experience Clearinghouse website.
Project Management Support:
- Work with the outcome leads, country managers and other and technical staff to develop Gantt charts for each program activity as enumerated in the Annual Work Plans, denoting major work stream to be delivered, milestones to be achieved, deliverables to be produced, resources to be mobilized, etc.;
- Using MS Project, prepare Gantt charts that include all activities by outcome or country managers, and the DCOP/Technical; and
- Update Gantt charts on a regular basis.
Minimum Skills, Education and Experience:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in information management, information technology, library sciences, business administration or a related field; Master’s degree preferred;
- A minimum of four (4) years of professional experience in knowledge management, project/program management or a related field of work required;
- Experience working on USAID-funded programs preferred;
- Analytical with experience in knowledge management, organizational learning, data management and deliverable development;
- Experience in data capture and analysis, in evaluating and assessing project impact and in use learning and evidence form data to improve project capacity and practice, to inform policy development, business planning, service delivery and future development;
- Proficient in the use of modern business technologies and IT;
- Experience designing activity Scopes of Work including resource planning and delivery schedule development;
- Specific knowledge of, and experience using Microsoft Project;
- Experience with Google Drive products and SharePoint;
- Experience with CRM system management preferred;
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook);
- Proactive person with a positive attitude and capable to work independently as well as member of a team;
- English language fluency (strong written and verbal skills) required;
- Ability to travel as needed throughout the region; and
- Must have the ability to work in South Africa.
Please send a cover letter stating role applicability and a CV (PDF or word format) that includes contact information and three references to [email protected] by COB 6 July 2018. Please include the title of the position you are applying to in the subject line of the email. No telephone inquiries. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deloitte Consulting Overseas Project LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, or protected veteran status, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Application Deadline: 6th July, 2018