Deloitte Consulting Overseas Projects LLC seeks individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people in the Southern African region and demonstrate leadership, versatility and integrity in their work. We are seeking exceptional Pretoria, South Africa-based candidates for the USAID Southern Africa Energy Program (SAEP).
Job Title: Program Assistant
The USAID Southern Africa Energy Program (SAEP) works to advance energy policy and regulatory reform, and accelerate investment to increase power generation and access to electricity throughout the region. According to World Bank data, less than 25% of the non-South African population living in the Southern African region have access to electric power. The limited reliable power affects the competitiveness of Southern African industry, agriculture, and the economic opportunity and health conditions for rural populations, women, and youth.
Through strengthening the enabling environment and facilitating public and private transactions, SAEP leverages the momentum of private investment to help focus SAEP’s resources in ways that best support the reform of national and regional energy ecosystems. At the same time, SAEP produces the tangible results needed to create a sustainable cycle of additional reforms, increased investment and continued political will.
Position Description, Objective & Responsibilities:
Deloitte is seeking a Program Assistant to provide administrative support to the SAEP Deputy Chief of Party/Technical (DCOP/T). The Program Assistant and will assist the DCOP/T and various technical teams providing support across technical activities under the Program. Work will include maintaining complex activity timelines, tracking deliverables, gathering data and updating activity-specific budgets, coordinating project/program management meetings, and assisting with preparation of briefings and presentations from initiation to completion.
The Program Assistant will report directly to the SAEP Deputy Chief of Party Technical (DCOP (T), who is responsible for overseeing all technical delivery across the five Program Outcomes. This will include, but not limited to, the following duties and responsibilities:
- Serve as an assistant to the DCOP/T, including: managing emails for the DCOP/T, drafting email correspondence, scheduling meetings, managing the DCOP/T calendar, corresponding with other team members on behalf of the DCOP/T, printing and organizing documents;
- Provide administrative support, as needed, to the Outcome 3 (cross-border power trade) and Outcome 4 (RE/EE and access to electricity) teams;
- Participate in meetings with the DCOP/T, develop detailed minute from meetings, and disseminate minutes to the appropriate parties;
- Travel either with the DCOP/T, other SAEP staff, or independently to any of the 11 SAEP countries that make up the SAEP service territory;
- Liaise with the Finance and Operations Team on administrative items related to technical delivery of the program, and with the Program Management Office (PMO) Team on project management items related to technical delivery;
- Assist in actions that support the completion of technical activities;
- Support in the drafting or revision of technical activity SOWs and budgets for consultants and/or delivery teams to implement;
- Communicate activity changes to the Outcome teams, activity managers, and relevant internal departments;
- Provide ad hoc technical support to teams implementing activities;
- Assist in documenting project phases and creating summary reports for company management
- Assist and coordinate responding to information requests and client communication; and
- Assist in ensuring all information on the shared sties related to delivery of technical activities is up to date and accurate.
Minimum Skills, Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in business administration, engineering, communications or a related field. Master’s degree a plus;
- Minimum of 1 year of previous work experience in project support, preferably at a consulting firm;
- Knowledge of the energy sector – and specifically the power sector – in Southern Africa;
- Well-organized with a demonstrated understanding of project management concepts, and has the capacity to flex with competing priorities and to meet deadlines;
- Strong individual initiative, including the ability to take ownership of work and work product, and to motivate others to develop innovative yet implementable solitons and produce high quality deliverables;
- Ability to work independently with minimal managerial supervision;
- Results-driven, with a strong desire to realize real impact in the region;
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills;
- Attentive to detail and a strong willingness to learn;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Outlook and high proficiency in Microsoft Office (e.g., Excel, Project, PowerPoint). Experience with Gmail and Google Calendar a plus;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated capacity to organize information in a manner readily understandable by counterparts and colleagues in both narrative form and in PowerPoint; and
- Ability to travel within the Southern African region.
NOTE: No relocation cost will be covered by Deloitte Consulting Overseas Projects LLC or the USAID Southern Africa Energy Program (SAEP).
Please send a cover letter and a CV (PDF or word format) that includes contact information and three references to [email protected]. Please include the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email. No telephone inquiries. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Instructions: Wednesday, 7 August, 2019