Posted on :
11 May, 2010
11 May, 2010
Deloitte is one of the largest professional services organizations in the world and one of the Big Four auditors, along with PricewaterhouseCoopers, Ernst & Young, and KPMG. Deloitte South Africa recruits: Data Analytics Consultant – Risk Advisory
Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Firm Service: Financial advisory (FAS)
Reference Code: 37553
Type of Position: Full-time
Deloitte professionals are unified by a collaborative culture that fosters integrity, outstanding value to markets and clients, commitment to each other, and strength from cultural diversity. They enjoy an environment of continuous learning, challenging experiences, and enriching career opportunities. Deloitte’s professionals are dedicated to strengthening corporate responsibility, building public trust, and making a positive impact in their communities.
The main purpose of a Data Analytic consultant in Risk Advisory is to deliver data analytic support and solutions to clients both internally and externally.
To deliver engagements with a primary focus on data analytics;
Write programs to import Data into SAS
Write programmes to scrub, manipulate, and analyse data in SAS, to find specific areas with regard to the request either from Audit, or other client;
Must be able to track down exceptions and analyse why the exceptions should be reported on
Report on all findings from analytical programmes written in SAS
· Demonstrate competence in programming and programming design;
· Demonstrate Base SAS and / or Microsoft SQL competency;
· Basic skills in Excel, Word, Access, and PowerPoint;
· Have experience in performing complex analytics within relational database environments;
· Demonstrate understanding of Software Development Life Cycle principles and be able to apply these in daily work;
· Have a basic knowledge and understanding of audit and / or accounting principles;
· Have good problem resolution skills;
· Excellent written and oral communication skills and fluency in written and spoken English is a prerequisite;
· Independent, self-motivator;
· Strong analytical skills;
· Ability to pay attention to detail;
· Must be able to work to strict deadlines, and work on different projects simultaneously;
· Good interpersonal skills;
· Travel local and international;
· Demonstrate a good sense of humour;
· Able to manage smaller engagements or sections of large engagements;
· Take responsibility for work supervised or performed;
· Display good time management skills and awareness;
A tertiary qualification and programming background is prerequisite; preferably in a business or IT related field
Not less than 2 years’ experience in a consulting environment;
Programming and data analytics experience;
Candidate would be at an advantage if they have proficient knowledge of SAS and/or Microsoft SQL
2 to 3 years experience in a consulting environment performing data analytics or business intelligence functions.
Additional experience can include data analysis in support of forensic investigations, financial audits, data quality projects or financial management information systems.
Experience in the use of SAP R/3 would be an advantage.