Posted on :
20 Jul, 2017
20 Jul, 2017
The Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (DAFF) intends to award comprehensive bursaries to qualifying applicants pursuing and/or intending to further their studies in critical scarce skills in the agricultural, forestry and fisheries sectors for the 2018 academic year.
The bursary will cover tuition, accommodation, books, meals and monthly allowance.
The bursary awards target the previously disadvantaged and impoverished persons from poverty-stricken and rural communities.
People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
1. It is worth noting that certain fields of study are only available at certain institutions of higher learning:
• BSc Bioresource Engineering (Agricultural Engineering): University of KwaZulu-Natal
• Bachelor of Veterinary Science (BVSc): University of Pretoria
• BSc Viticulture and Oenology: University of Stellenbosch
• BSc Forestry and Wood Science: University of Stellenbosch
• BSc Oceanography and Marine Biology: University of Cape Town
• BSc Ichthyology specialising in Aquaculture: Rhodes University
• National Diploma: Forestry: Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University
• National Diploma: Marine Science: Cape Peninsula University of Technology
2. Applicants must be South African citizens
3. Applicants must complete the relevant bursary application forms available from the website address: www.daff.gov.za click on “Vacancies”
4. Applicants who apply for fields of study that are not listed above will not be considered
5. Please note that communication will be limited to successful applicants only. If you have not received any communication from the department by
15 January 2018, after the National Bursary Committee has finalised the selection process, consider your application unsuccessful
Closing Date: 30 September 2017
HOW TO APPLY
Click Here to DOWNLOAD APPLICATION FORMS