The Department of Energy invites applications for 2017 Internship/Experiential Training Programme.
Salary: Minimum Stipend of R7 008.00 per month.
A Post-Matric (Grade 12) qualification as specified below.
- Degree/National Diploma Mechanical Engineering, Nuclear Engineering and Bsc Physics/Chemistry (Ref No:DoE/HRD 01)
- Degree/National Diploma Building (Ref No: DoE/HRD 02)
- Bsc Physics/ Chemistry/ Nuclear Engineering (Ref No: DoE/HRD 03)
- Degree/National Diploma Law (Ref No: LLB DoE/HRD 04)
- BCom Economics/Econometrics/Business Management/Bcom Accounting/Office Management (Ref No: DoE/HRD 05)
- Degree/National Diploma Public Management/ Administration, Office Management and Technology (Ref No: DoE/HRD 06)
- Degree/National Diploma Public Relations/Political Science (Ref No: DoE/HRD 07)
- Degree/National Diploma Public Management/ Administration, Office Management and Technology (Ref No: DoE/HRD 08)
- Diploma/Degree Monitoring and Evaluation and Internal Auditing (Ref No: DoE/HRD 09)
- National Diploma Human Resources Management (Ref No: DoE/HRD 10)
- BCom Economics/Econometrics (Ref No: DoE/HRD 11)
- Bachelor of Environmental Science/Environmental Management/Environmental Engineering, Energy and Development Studies and Economics (Ref No: DoE/HRD 12)
- Degree/National Diploma Public Management/ Administration, Office Management and Technology and Public Relations (Ref No: DoE/HRD 13)
Mpumalanga, North West, Eastern Cape, Northern Cape, Western Cape, FreeState, Limpopo, Kwa- Zulu Natal and Gauteng
- Degree/National Diploma Public Management, Office Management and Administration/ Secretary (Ref No: DoE/HRD 14)
Knowledge of Batho Pele Principles. PLUS the following key competencies:
- Skills: Report writing
- Communication: Verbal and written Proficiency in at least two official languages (one must be English)
- Creativity: Innovative, Articulate, Good listener
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to work under pressure, open-minded
- Must have the ability to put other people first (Ubuntu), must be professional, honest, ethical, accountable and have a sense of integrity.
THE DEPARTMENT OF ENERGY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY, AFFIRMATIVE ACTIONEMPLOYER.
- Applications will only be considered from South African citizens; aged between 18 and 35 years
- Candidates who have already participated in an Internship programme in any Government department will NOT be considered
- Applications should be made on form Z83 (download here), obtainable from any Public Service department and accompanied by a comprehensive CV and certified copies of all qualifications and identity document
- Application forms should be signed and dated. If this is not done, applications will be disqualified
- Candidates must indicate their preferred province on the top of Z83 form
- Failure to submit the request documents will result in your application not being considered
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered
- Should you be in possession of a foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA). Please take note that all qualifications are subject to verification
- Successful candidates will be appointed on an Internship Programme for a period of 12 months
- Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. Should you not be contacted within 3 weeks from the closing date, please consider your applicationas unsuccessful.
Closing date is 25 November 2016.
Please forward your application, marked for the attention of Mr M.S. Ramogayana by post to: The Director-General Department of Energy, Private Bag X96, Pretoria 0001 or hand-deliver to: The Department of Energy,192 Cnr Visagie and Paul Kruger, Pretoria. Please direct all enquiries to: Mr M.S. Ramogayana, tel. (012) 406 7406.
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SENT TO THE ADDRESS PROVIDED ABOVE AND NOT TO THE SPECIFIC REGION(S).