Posted on :
8 Aug, 2014
8 Aug, 2014
The Department of Infrastructure Development (GDID) is inviting Gauteng unemployed graduates and final year college/ university/ university of technology students for the 2014/ 2015 Internship programme available in the Department.
The internship programme’s aim is to contribute towards skills development by providing graduates and students with opportunities to gain work experience in various skills areas.
Areas of exposure include:
The Gauteng Department of Infrastructure Development (DID) is contributing towards skills development by providing graduates and students with opportunities to gain work experience in various skills areas.
It is therefore inviting applications for an Internship Programme that would run for a period of twelve (12) months.
The Programme provides an opportunity to unemployed graduates to gain meaningful experience that will complement their studies and gain access to the labour market.
DURATION AND REMUNERATION:
The internship programme is implemented over twelve (12) months and interns will receive a stipend of R4500.00 per month.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO APPLY:
DID is an equal opportunity employer and would therefore be guided by the principles of Employment Equity when considering the applications.
DID uphold the right to place or not place applicants based on its needs and requirements.
Important note: Applicants who participated in any Government Internship Programme before will not be considered
• Applicants must be South African citizens residing in Gauteng.
• The Department of Infrastructure Development is an equal opportunity employer and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
• Due to a large amount of correspondence we envisage receiving, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not hear from us within 2 months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
• The Public Services is under no obligation to employ the Intern on completion of the programmes.
• Students requiring experiential training as part of their qualification should attached a formal letter from their Tertiary Institution indicating the duration period and areas of development required.
Applications must be submitted on a,Z83 Form – CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FORM
A CV, certified copies of qualification, academic record and Identity document must be attached.
The specific reference number of the Internship opportunity must also be quoted.
Applications received after the closing date and those that do not comply with the requirements will not be considered.
Applications must be hand delivered to 11 Diagonal Street, ABSA Building, Johannesburg, Ground floor.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 15 AUGUST 2014