The Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation (DTHF) is a registered nonprofit organisation focused on the pursuit of excellence in research, treatment, training and prevention of HIV and related infections in Southern Africa.
Job Title: Research Counsellor
Job Location: Tutu Teen Truck Mobile Clinic, Philippi Village, Cape Town.
This is a 12 months fixed-term contract
- Provide a welcoming and supportive environment to adolescent clients regardless of race, gender, or HIV status
- Provide basic HIV / ARV / PrEP education to participants individually and in groups
- HIV testing
- Provide pre and post-test counselling, as well as risk reduction counselling, if necessary
- Accurate and complete questionnaire administration
- Follow-up telephone calls with study participants
- Recruite participants for research studies on the TEEN TRUCK
- Consent participants into research studies following GCP guidelines
- Assist with community surveys
- Assist with filing research forms and patient files
- Maintain strict client confidentiality
- Capture study data on mobile app
- Weekly and Monthly progress reports on research participation (recruitment, enrollment and retention)
- Grade 12
- HIV counselling course or relevant voluntary HIV counselling and testing (VCT) experience, including Finger pricking
- One to two years’ research related experience
- Microsoft Office proficiency (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Fluency in English and Xhosa
- Verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and to maintain effectiveness during changing conditions
- Ability to function in a team
- Must be detail orientated
- Planning and organising skills
- Willingness to travel and work irregular hours, including weekends
- Experience of working with adolescent in the health sector will be advantageous
- Relevant experience with PrEP will be advantageous
- Passion Innovation Progress Integrity Respect Excellence
To apply, submit CV, motivation letter with certified copy of highest qualification and details of three current contactable referees to Attention HR Manager [email protected], reference: #DTHF/C044.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation is committed to equity in our employment practices. It is our intention to appoint individuals with the aim of meeting our equity objectives.
Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation reserve the right not to appoint if no suitable candidates are identified.
I understand and accept that, by applying for this role, I authorise Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation in its capacity as employer, to access my personal information stored, and to utilise said information for recruitment purposes for this role.
If you are a foreign national applying for this position, please attach a copy of your work permit to your application.
If you have not heard from us within two weeks after the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Application Deadline: 12th August, 2018