The Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation (DTHF) is a registered nonprofit organisation focused on the pursuit of excellence in research, treatment, training and prevention of HIV and related infections in Southern Africa.
Job Title: Pharmacist
Job Location: Masiphumelele, Cape Town
This full-time permanent post.
- Maintain pharmacy SOPs and Establishment Plans
- Maintain pharmacy sections of the Research Site Files
- Maintain pharmacy technical appliances – calibrate temperature monitoring devices
- Maintain restricted access control to pharmacy
- Investigational Product Management
- Maintain adequate stock levels of IP in full at the site
- Receive IP from DTHF pharmacy – document receipt and resolve discrepancies
- Store IP under correct conditions at the site
- Label IP prior to dispensing
- Check prescriptions prior to randomisation / dispensing IP
- Assign participants to IP – randomisation
- Dispense IP as per specific protocol requirements
- Receive and reconcile IP returns
- Store IP (used and unused) on site until monitor confirms IP accountability
- Dispose of used IP as per sponsor requirements
- Return unused IP to DTHF pharmacy for storage until IP destruction permitted
- Record Management
- Maintain IP accountability records in accordance with the standards required by the SAPC, MCC, ICH-GCP and IPM
- Maintain prescription records against which IP is dispensed
- STI and Family Planning Clinic
- Assist with the ordering of stock and preparation of statistics
- Capture scripts
- Perform all the applicable duties as described in Good Pharmacy Practice
- Dispense medicine and supervise post-basic assistant
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy plus Registration with the South African Pharmacy Council
- Two to three years’ experience as a Pharmacist
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Office)
- Clinical Practice (GCP) certificate will be advantageous
- Clinical Trails experience will be advantageous
- Ability to development and build partnership with external stakeholders
- Strong decision-making and effective problem-solving skills
- Ability to use own initiative and facilitate change
- Verbal and writing communication skills
- Work standards
- Planning and organising skills
- Values fit: passion, innovation, progress, integrity, respect and excellence
To apply, submit CV, motivation letter with certified copy of highest qualification; details of three current contactable referees and proof of address to: Attention HR Manager [email protected] quoting Job reference: #DTHF/C045
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Only online applications submitted via our job portal will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation is committed to equity in our employment practices.
It is Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation intention to appoint individuals with the aim of meeting our equity objectives.
Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation reserve the right not to appoint if no suitable candidates are identified.
I understand and accept that, by applying for this role, I authorise Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation in its capacity as employer, to access my personal information stored, and to utilise said information for recruitment purposes for this role.
This job may be removed before it expires.
If you are a foreign national applying for this position, attach a copy of your work permit to your application.
If you have not heard from us within two weeks after the closing date, consider your application as unsuccessful.
Application Deadline: 4th September, 2018