We are looking for an IT Software Development Intern who is able to adapt easily to change and has the ability to learn quickly in various technical and creative environments. As an Intern, you will have exposure to complex web application design, agile SW-development methodologies, and best coding practices.
Zando was founded by Rocket Internet AG in 2012 and since then has grown exponentially to become South Africa’s biggest online fashion store. Zando is part of the Jumia Group, Africa’s leading digital player with more than 10 different market leading verticals in more than 20 countries.
Our passion for customer experience, knowledge in eCommerce as well as our drive to innovate are the basis for our success that we share with investors such as MTN, Millicom, Goldman Sachs, and Orange.
Rocket Internet AG is one of the most successful Internet incubators globally responsible for starting more than 100 market leading e-commerce companies. Comparable to Zalando in Europe, Zando is South Africa’s largest online retail fashion store with a Head Office based in Cape Town and warehouses in Cape Town, Durban and Johannesburg.
Technologies you’ll be exposed to:
- PHP 5 OOP, Laravel, Zend Framework, Yii, MVC
- HTML5, CSS, Sass, jQuery
- REST, JSON, SOAP
- Ubuntu, Mac OS X, Nginx, MySQL, Memcache, Solr/Elasticsearch
Education and basic knowledge you should have:
- A qualification in Computer Science and/or Industrial Engineering.
- Knowledge of PHP Frameworks (like Zend Framework, Yii, CodeIgniter, Symfony, etc.) is an advantage.
- Knowledge of MySQL, PHP Debugging (XDebug, ZendDebugger).
- Knowledge of IDEs (Eclipse PDT, Zend Studio, Netbeans, etc.) and Git/SVN.
- Ability to live the Zando values:
- Delivers customer satisfaction;
- Leads completely;
- Embraces and drives change;
- Goes the extra mile;
- Is adventurous, open-minded and creative;
- Creates fun and a positive team spirit.
- Everyday use of modern development tools/frameworks.
- Constant learning and growth
- The attractive working environment in a dynamically growing eCommerce sector involving passionate and energetic team members and a flat command/management structure.
* Please note that this is a 6-month internship
* A valid Green South African ID required.
* This position is in line with our company employment equity plan.
* Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.