Dimagi is looking for an enthusiastic Technical Project Manager to drive the implementation and delivery of mHealth and agriculture projects throughout Southern and Eastern Africa.
We are seeking a dedicated and versatile individual who is eager to work with a diverse team in an exciting work environment.
Job Title: Technical Project Manager
Job Location: Cape Town
In this role, you will take on the overall accountability for the optimal design and development of mobile applications built on our flagship platform CommCare, to ensure all business requirements are managed correctly, expectations are coordinated across multiple stakeholders, and all technical deliverables are implemented as per the specifications in a timely fashion.
You will be working in an agile environment, alongside a dynamic, multi-skilled team of developers, engineers, public health and development specialists and will have the opportunity to travel to remote places.
- Technical design and development of creative mobile technology solutions together with your project team, which includes:
- Project scoping to combine technical and non-technical workflows to build a sustainable solution that works for users in low-resource settings.,
- Responsible for managing the app building process by overseeing a team of resources
- Manage project quality throughout the software development lifecycle
- Create process and workflow mapping, diagrams, use cases and other documents in support of projects.
- Develop, maintain and complete project documentation including project plans, risk log, issues log, post project reviews etc.
- Liaison between our engineers and our end users.
- Provide project management guidance, training and mentoring to improve the effectiveness of the app building process through best practice
- Work together with the Project Management Office to continuously improve the Project Management methodology from a technical standpoint
- 5+ years of experience in a technical position, producing technical designs for software solutions.
- B.Sc Degree in Computer Science or relevant technical diploma or degree
- Demonstrated expertise in collecting and managing requirements from different stakeholders and delivering against those.
- Must be technically savvy and enjoy the design process to build applications that meet business goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated experience working in and coordinating dynamic teams.
- Self-motivated, results oriented team player.
- Demonstrated reliability to predict time expectancy on job completion, and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with Fluency in English.
- Be able to manage company and developer expectations through honest and timely updates.
- Analytics and process driven thinker.
- Excellent organisation skills.
- Interest in making a social impact.
- Eligible to work in South Africa i.e have a valid visa if not South African resident.
- Agile experience
- Leadership experience in the adoption of best practices
- Previous experience working within project management for software developers
- Consulting experience delivering enterprise software implementations
- Experience with systems integration and/or databases
- Data analysis experience
- Fluency in another African language
- Experience with system and scenario flow diagrams, functional user assessments and testing, architecture and content structure and functional specifications
- Get significant travel experiences, off the beaten path (where the real work happens).
- Onboarding, which includes two week of classroom sessions, followed by shadowing an existing project, in Boston, Cape Town, Dakar or Delhi.
- Team Summits. The entire team gets together to interact, discuss goals, debate strategy, and have some fun.
- Personal Initiative Days’: Blocked off time, outside of work responsibilities, to come up with tangible outputs of impactful ideas that align with your job.
- 100% Company sponsored Medical Aid.
- Retirement Scheme.
- Employee stock options: You’ll have a stake in the future success of Dimagi
All interested candidates should apply directly on our website using this link.
Application deadline: 7th February 2019