Dimension Data is a global company specialising in information technology services, with operations on every inhabited continent.
What we will expect you to do:
- Troubleshooting complex technical VOIP solutions
- Providing excellent client service to tie into the client satisfaction survey, this must include, continual feedback to the client; prompt first response on all service requests and work orders; professional communication to the customer; being responsive to the customer’s needs and issues including internal customers and taking ownership of all service requests as well as prioritization of numerous service requests.
- Collaborating extensively with peers, Account Managers, Service Managers and Business Unit as well as the escalation team if applicable to resolve issues within the accepted time frames.
- Ensuring that all service requests and work orders are updated comprehensively with all relevant troubleshooting and necessary information within the CRM
- To assist in training and up skilling new team entrants.
- To show initiative and to be proactive in finding ways to work smarter.
- Be punctual with regards to shifts, scheduled meetings and teleconferences.
- Be approachable as an engineer with regards to assisting the junior teams and other team members.
- Leading by example in terms of professionalism and being a role model.
- Implementation of smaller Voice and VPN’s that contain a VOIP component as per our product offering
- Accuracy with regards to installations and keeping customers value added services into consideration, using applicable tools provided to make this possible
- Set realistic expectations regarding proposed work with the customers and peers.
- Standby as and when needed in order to provide clients with after hours services on assigned projects
- Being able to trouble shoot any issues that arise during the install whether it be part of the testing or reported by the customer this includes but it is not limited to
Contacting the Field Engineer at the specified time inorder to resolve outstanding issues.
- Prepare communications equipment so that it can be used for client site installations
- Ensure all configurations are built to comply with Technical Design templates and internal standard requirements.
- Create all the necessary installation documentation to support the roll out as and when needed
- Ensure all circuits and the solution are tested fully and that the failover solution works if applicable.
- Thrive for continous improvement through learning, contributing and abiding to standards and empowering others
Here’s what we are looking for in candidates for this job:
- Matric /Grade 12 or O and A Levels
- CCVP will be advantageous
- The candidate must have a good understanding of the TCP/IP networking suite, and be familiar with IP routing protocols, and hardware (Cisco;Quintum;HP).
- The candidate should also have a good understanding of protocols including SIP, RTP, H.323 and MGCP, as well as being familiar with the codecs used for encoding voice traffic in an IP network.
- A good knowledge of MPLS and especially DiffServ QoS and Queuing mechanisms is essential.
- Experience with Broadsoft and Acme Packet SBC’s
- Must be willing to work shifts and standby
Key abilities required:
- Customer centric focus
- Self-starter and completer
- Excellent Ownership
- Good relationship builder
- Team Oriented
- Attention to detail
- Innovative, show intiative and creativity
- Honest and integrity
- Problem solving
- Ability to work with minimal supervison
- Able to work to tight deadlines and produce solid work that is both correct and to a high standard.
- Confident in face‐to‐face internal and external meetings. The installations engineer must be able to discuss their subject matter in a way that provides confidence to the customer and demonstrate strong communication skills.
- Able to demonstrate when required a sound level of understanding across the communications range of technical subjects and be able to apply this knowledge to customer’s specific requirements.
- Highly self motivated and work well under pressure