Posted on :
1 Dec, 2010
Dimension Data was founded in 1983 in South Africa and today operates in 49 countries on six continents. Our growth has been driven by our clients’ need to operate efficiently in an environment where collaborative partnerships and the intelligent network have emerged as the two most important business enablers. Our heritage in networking and deep understanding of network-related technologies differentiate us from our competitors. Moving forward into the future, our focus has evolved to adapting the design, management and development of business technology to be a better servant to the greater business and use it as a tool to drive innovation, enable market leadership and make companies tighter, better, more cost-effective and competitive.
Primary Location: MEA-ZA-Gauteng
Target Start Date: Jan 3, 2011
Number of Openings: 1
Position Summary and Primary Objectives
The person will be responsible for & committed to the efficiency and quality of the Finance administration related functions
Main Duties / Key Accountabilities
• Reporting Daily Order Intakes
• Capturing Monthly Forecasts
• Drawing costing reports and other financial reports for the management team
• Administration of customer billing process (projects, drop off, services billing) – attention to detail
• Liaising with the Project team to ensure that project sign offs are timeously received
• Working closely with our Central Finance team, to ensure that billing targets are met.
• Analysing and Managing of Backorder
• Analysing and Managing of WIP
• Ensuring that the Managed Services Revenue is correct on a monthly basis.
• Assist debtors with invoices and credit notes
• Liaising/Sorting out queries with our warehouse
• General Finance roles and responsibilities
• Income Statement & Bal Sheet Analysis (when FM is not avail)
• Adhoc finance related duties
Skills and Competencies:
• Matric, plus Diploma/BCOM Degree or studying towards a financial qualification.
• 1 – 4 Years plus working experience in a financial environment.
• Working knowledge of financial policies and procedures is required.
• Well developed skills to communicate at all levels and to value our widely diverse base of customers.
• Accounting and problem solving skills.
• Deadline driven
• Accuracy, compliance and good corporate governance is an integral part of day-to-day duties
• Ensure that all deadlines are met.
• MS Office, SAP (advantageous).
• Motivates and energises other team members to achieve stretching performance targets.
• Willing to accept responsibility.
• Self motivated and shows initiative in tackling tasks even when not specifically required to do so.
• Anticipates and provides solutions to the potential problem before it becomes an issue
• Good verbal communication, attention to detail, methodical, able to handle pressure/conflict, results-orientated, good numerical ability, people management skills, team player, self-motivated.
• Strong presentation skills.
• Big picture view on issues.
How to apply:
Click on this link:
select basic search; then Location as Africa and apply.