Posted on :
5 Jan, 2011
5 Jan, 2011
Dimension Data is a specialist IT services and solution provider, helps clients plan, build, support and manage their IT infrastructures. Today we are positioned at the forefront of networking and communications in 47 countries around the world. Dimension South Africa recruits Sales Specialist
Primary Location : MEA-ZA-Gauteng
Target Start Date : Feb 1, 2011
Number of Openings : 2
Position Summary and Primary Objectives
Selling and integrating a range of System/Network Management solutions into new and existing clients
As a Sales Specialist at Operations Management, you’ll be responsible for promoting our services and solutions, and be an expert at selling them. You will demonstrate our expertise in the relevant specialist area, in order to expand our current client accounts and seek new business opportunities.
Main Duties / Key Accountabilities
• Manage prospects for Operations Management from initial contact through sale with successful hand-over to post-sales, working with the support infrastructure which consists of pre sales and solution architecture.
• Meet monthly and quarterly objectives as determined by Business Unit.
• To analyse the client’s business needs and recommend solutions specifically tailored to meet these requirements
• Work together with project managers, solution architects and vendors to deliver the appropriate solutions for our clients.
• To explain the key features and benefits of OM’s solutions compared to their competitors, in line with the client’s priorities
• Required to achieve revenue and margin targets, as well as deliver exceptional client service
• Develop account plans, and long term, sustainable sales funnel development. Regular forecasting.
• Engage appropriate resources at all levels within DD and with external partners and suppliers where necessary.
• Retain and grow existing customer relationships with particular emphasis on solutions delivery, maintenance and services.
• Develop new customer relationships and assist in growing the OM market share.
• Remain up-to-date with product knowledge and trends in IT industry, OM horizontal and general business.
Requirements: Education, Training and Experience
• Experience in a sales and solutions environment – let’s say about 4 to 6 years
• Bachelor’s (graduate) degree in business or technical field of study.
• Must have analytical skills enabling quick and meaningful understanding of customer needs and goals.
• Good communications and presentation skills, with the ability to operate comfortably at and beyond client senior executive levels.
• Strong negotiating skills and ability to develop and maintain multilevel relationships within prospects and clients.
• Good documentation skills – ability to write formal proposals which may include a demonstrable understanding of the business and an ability to articulate the ROI.
• Must be PC literate.
• Commitment to the concepts of technology enabled, value-added selling.
• Must be able to demonstrate business awareness.
Personal Attributes and Skills Required
• Resilience, results orientation and relationship building skills.
• Ability to handle stress and meet deadlines.
• The candidate needs a high level of self-motivation, be pro-active with a structured work approach.
• Willing to become a key contributor and work in pursuit of common objectives.
• Willing to participate in general strategy and planning.
• A proven track record in direct IT sales. Preference will be given to candidates with pre sales / sales experience
• A proven record of meeting sales quota and related key performance measures.
• MBA would be an advantage.