DWDE is one of the leading players in the disability employment support services arena and offers a one-stop solution to positively address learning and employment opportunities for South Africans with disabilities to become integrated into the workforce.
Our objectives focus on inclusion in employment, self-employment through entrepreneurship and capacity building of protective workshops and self-help groups.
Job Title: Manager in Fundraising, PR and Marketing
Location: Head Office situated in Claremont, Cape Town
Remuneration: Strictly commission-based with a commission structure of 15% of the net funds raised. DWDE will pay a monthly retainer for the first 6 months
The purpose of this post is that the ideal candidate be responsible for all the Marketing and Fundraising initiatives of the organisation and will have proven experience of raising funds in excess of R5m per annum. The incumbent will be expected to increase the donor base, explore new income projects and market the services of DWDE.
- Key Performance Areas: Fundraising
- Managing all the new and existing Income Generating projects
- Completing Funding Proposals and research Grant / Funding Opportunities
- Identify new areas of funding and access possible new sources of income
- Build and maintain relationships with donors and provide feedback on the impact of sponsorship
- Maintain an up to date Donor Register with accurate records of all funding received
- Facilitating the grant funding processes
- Key Performance Areas: PR & Marketing
- Be the centre of information for all the good services rendered by DWDE.
- Communication and awareness raising of disability and employment issues.
- Generating news articles and quarterly newsletters.
- Social Media and Web page design and updates
- Assist with the design of promotional materials.
- Marketing Degree / National Diploma
- A proven track record in raising funds.
- A minimum of 5 years ‘experience in writing funding proposals.
- Previous experience in Marketing and PR with the ability to develop the strategic direction of fundraising in previous positions
- Sound Marketing and Communication skills, with extensive written and verbal skills in English in order to handle grants and proposals, and strong planning and organizing skills
- Ability to establish and nurture relationships with donors.
- Ability to identify through research international and local donors.
- Proven ability to develop and write excellent funding proposals
- An understanding of the local and international donor environment
- The ability to conceptualise new opportunities.
- The ability to work under pressure.
- An independent thinker who contributes towards team work.
Interested candidates can submit CVs with a covering letter to [email protected].
Application Deadline: Wednesday, 21 August, 2019