We are excited to announce that we are looking for talented individuals to join our next Paid Media Operations Jellyfish Academy in Durban starting in May 2018.
- Jellyfish delivers digital marketing solutions for a host of impressive brands. The agency’s award-winning combination of technology and talent help it to deliver paid media, UX, SEO, social media, analytics, optimization, creative and development solutions.
- We are looking for talented candidates to join our paid media operations training academy, and specialize in Display Ad Ops. We don’t expect you to have prior experience, just a passion to learn and willingness to work really hard and become an expert in this fast moving and rapidly growing sector. You will need to align yourself with our global teams to service our international clients, and therefore be willing to work shifts when required.
- Your apprenticeship will consist of three months intensive learning, where you will start to get involved in hands-on project work whilst being guided by practitioners. Our aim is that you will be ready to graduate at the end of the program, and if you are successful you will be invited to stay on at Jellyfish as a permanent employee.
- Keep pace with the scheduled learning program, meeting all required deadlines and passing tests & assignments
- Commitment to take and pass the Google AdWords, Bing and DoubleClick exams within the three-month period
- Independent of planned learning material provided by Jellyfish embark upon significant extra reading on the relevant subject matter including blogs, industry white-papers, etc.
- Keep an accurate record of daily time and perform all other admin duties according to company regulations
- At the end of the three-month training period, can make basic recommendations on improving campaign performance
- Support the company’s corporate culture including adhering to established ethical and brand standards
- Perform any other reasonable task assigned by a superior, specifically relating to Display Ad Ops
- Show that you have the potential to become a key team member who sets an example to colleagues
- By the end of your first three months, you must be comfortable with a number of paid media core competencies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field would be an advantage
- Work experience is beneficial
- A knowledge of Microsoft Office products, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint or Google G-Suite products
- Highly analytical and data-driven
- Demonstrates a structured and methodical way of working, with the ability to cope with competing demands and effectively prioritize tasks
- Exhibits a high level of attention to detail
- Fluent English, excellent written and spoken
- Excellent written and verbal presentation and communication skills
- Numerically skilled – comfortable with numbers
- Strong interpersonal skills, particularly influencing and listening skills
- Strong email, telephone, and face to face communication skills
- Ability/interest in working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment on multiple priorities
- An unquestionable and relentless desire to learn new skills
- Ability to think and act independently as well as collaboratively
- An excellent communicator and can present ideas, verbally and in writing
- Exceptional attention to detail and pride in any work produced
- Self-motivated individual with high levels of energy
- An outgoing, positive thinker, with consistent levels of evident enthusiasm
- Flexible, versatile and copes well under pressure
- Open, honest and direct, is comfortable in giving and receiving constructive feedback
- Has high personal standards and promotes them in others
- Possesses a sense of urgency and takes ownership of assigned responsibilities
- Displays a strong work ethic