Applications are invited for the above mentioned position in our Cellar Department based at Port Elizabeth Production. The successful candidate will report to the Cellar Manager.
Internship: Cellar Technology / Food Technology and Quality Management
Purpose of the Position:
The purpose is to provide practical work experience to a student currently in the last year of study and require In-Service Training in order to obtain their qualification, and/or those recently graduated, however unemployed who require exposure in a work environment.
The successful candidate will be expected to enter into a 12 month contract commencing 1 May 2017 and terminating on 30 April 2018.
Applications are invited for the above-mentioned position in the Cellar department in Port Elizabeth.
Purpose of the Position:
The intention is to give practical work experience to:
- Students who are in their final year of study and/or graduates who require exposure in a work environment and require
- Practical work experience in order to obtain their qualification.
- The successful candidate will be expected to enter into a full-time 12 month contract commencing on 1 May 2017 and terminating on 30 April 2018
Key Learning Areas would include, but are not limited to:
- Quality Assurance (Intrinsic and extrinsic quality control, Quality Management Systems, etc.)
- Receiving of different Bulk Wine and Spirit products within specification
- Blending of different Wine and Spirit products
- Different filtration systems
- Final product correction and preparation before production
To qualify for selection and participation in this programme, candidates must satisfy the following criteria:
- South African citizenship
- Satisfactory academic record and in final year of obtaining relevant tertiary qualification (e.g. National Diploma in Food Technology and/or Diploma in Cellar Technology and Wine making; National Diploma in Analytical Chemistry; BSc Bio Technology, etc.)
- Basic computer literacy (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
- Sound communication and presentation skills
- Effective time management skills with the ability to multi-task and perform under pressure
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to cope with the inherent physical demands of the position
- Willing and able to work extended hours
- Must be willing, able and committed to enter into and complete the 12 month internship programme
Prospective candidates must submit the following:
- Covering letter/ Motivational letter
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Certified copy of tertiary academic record (progress report)
- Certified copy of Grade 12 certificate
- A letter from the tertiary institution stating the internship requirement and format for evaluation
- Certified copies of Identity Document
- Certified copies of drivers licence (if applicable)
If you are interested and meet all requirements
CLICK HERE TO APPLY