Posted on :
8 Nov, 2013
Distell offers exciting opportunities to suitable candidates in our Marketing Department. This position will be part of the Global Marketing team, based at Distell Libertas Parva, Stellenbosch. The successful candidate will report to the Global Marketing Manager.
Purpose of the Position:
The intention is to give practical work experience to students who are in their last year of study and require In-Service Training in order to obtain their qualification and/or those recently graduated but unemployed and require exposure in a work environment. Successful interns will be expected to enter into a 12 month contract commencing 01 February 2014 and terminating 31 January 2015.
Key Learning Areas include (but are not limited to):
• Personal Selling;
• Accountancy for Marketers;
• Developing a marketing plan;
• Consumer Behaviour;
• Quantitative Methods;
• Market Research;
• Sales Management;
• Advertising and Sales Promotion;
• General administrative assistance.
To qualify for selection and participation in this programme, candidates must satisfy the following criteria:
• Excellent academic record and at least in final year of obtaining tertiary qualification – degree / diploma;
• Computer literacy – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Sound communication and presentation skills;
• Effective time management;
• Ability to multi-task and perform under pressure;
• Ability to work in a team;
• Driver’s License and own transport is essential;
• South African citizen;
• Successful interns will be expected to enter into a 12 month contract.
Prospective interns must submit the following:
• Covering letter/ Motivational letter;
• A curriculum vitae;
• Certified academic record;
• Certified copy of Grade 12 certificate;
• A letter from the tertiary institution;
• A format for evaluation, required by the tertiary institution;
• Certified copy of Identity Document.
Distell is committed to diversity within its workforce and encourages applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Candidates who do not receive any correspondence within 1 month after the closing date may assume that their applications were unsuccessful and are hereby thanked for applying.
Closing Date: 2013/11/08