Posted on :
29 Nov, 2013
29 Nov, 2013
Applications are invited for the above mentioned position to be based at Head Office SA Techno Park, Stellenbosch. This position reports to the Sourcing Manager.
Key Performance Areas for this position would include, but are not limited to:
• Preparation of specifications as obtained from customer indicated needs, obtaining competitive quotations and providing appropriate recommendations that will meet the customer needs.
• Recommendation of the most appropriate cost alternatives to customers.
• Ensuring purchasing is in accordance with sound purchasing principles.
• Placing/managing purchase orders effectively.
• Ensuring appropriate service levels are maintained through supplier KPI management and reviews.
• Ensuring implementation and maintenance of records, policies and systems.
• Maintaining sound relationships with suppliers and internal customers.
• Preparing and running non-complex low value tenders.
• Maintaining an always current catalogue pricing.
• Ensuring contracts and/or contract database is always current and up to date.
• Manage, inspire and motivates purchasing team.
• Maintaining key market trend information as identified by Sourcing Manager.
The successful candidate must preferably have the following Experience / Skills:
• B.Com/B.Tech: Logistics, Supply, Procurement / Finance and or equivalent tertiary qualification,
• 2 – 3 years relevant experience in a Marketing Procurement environment.
• Energetic, enthusiastic and able to enjoy a fast paced working environment.
• Excellent communication and negotiating skills. (Sound in effective decision making ability).
• Must be able to deal comfortably and confidently with suppliers as well as internal customers.
• Proven computer literacy in SAP & MS Office Packages.
• Advance Excel skills including ‘pivot tables’ and ‘what if’ scenarios.
• Be able to work independently and cope under pressure.
• Strong numerical aptitude and analytical abilities are essential.
Candidates who do not receive any correspondence within 1 month after the closing date may assume that their applications were unsuccessful and are hereby thanked for applying.
Closing Date: 2013/11/29