DreamWorker organisation is working with young women to empower themselves in the Buffalo Municipality region, Eastern Cape. One of their key tasks is to place tertiary students into in-service training and to find alternative income generating opportunities to help these young women economically empower themselves.
In support of this project they have developed a digital platform as part of the strategy that will seek to link members within this eco system to economic and work opportunities. DreamWorker seeks to appoint a Marketing & Communications Assistant to be based in the Buffalo Municipality region, Eastern Cape.
Job Title: Marketing & Communications
Location: East London
Remuneration: Gross salary for the position is around R150K p/a negotiable
The purpose of this position is to find a young, dynamic and energetic marketing and communications assistant to join their team to grow the marketing function as well as build the membership registration and activity functionality on the internet portal.
- Support the Project manager in developing a marketing strategy
- Develop strategies to build membership on the digital platform
- Drive and encourage member activity on the site
- Co-ordinate communications and marketing channels for the site
- Conduct workshops to draw members onto the site
- Work closely with our team to create membership from the TVET colleges and University spaces
- Build relationships with the business, government and private sector stakeholder groups
- Develop and execute social media mechanisms to market content & information
- Be a tenacious marketer and cyber-hustler to build the brand across the region
- Core skills – Appropriate formal education with strong leadership & Marketing ability
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in marketing, communications and some experience with digital platform environments
- Working within a professional organisation where targets and reporting are a key requirement
- Knowledge & Skills:
- Proficient in office software such as MS Office & Excel & PowerPoint
- Strong administrative skill-set coupled with excellent time management
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to cope with a variety of tasks daily
- Very strong communications ability with a capability to produce reports and write key documents for management
- Own transport is required
- Strong command of English both written and verbal with at least one other South African language.
Submit a Motivational Letter and CV, with contactable references to [email protected]
Application Deadline: Friday, 15 May, 2020