DreamWorker is a nonprofit, social development organisation dedicated to helping unemployed people in the lower end of the economic sector find work. DreamWorker organisation works within the Tertiary Education space running programmes that compliment and support the institutions by placing students into In-service training and learnerships for work based experience. Our role is to facilitate and help manage the full process of sourcing and linking students into work opportunities.
Job Title: Placement Administrator
Location: East London.
Start Date: January 2020
- Manage and co-ordinate the training and placement functions of the students.
- Develope and grow partnerships with industry and governmental organisations
- Co-ordinate communication channels with organisations hosting students
- Conduct training programmes that hdevelop appropriate skills to help students o their in-service training journey.
- Organize seminars with industry and stakeholders for strategic thinking and information sharing around student placement issues
- Co-ordinate and conduct organisation site visits, ensuring monitoring and evaluation of in-service training standard requirements are maintained
- Monitor the suitability of existing placement opportunities; ensuring that all parties involved are aware of their responsibility
- Work within a small team reporting to the programme manager.
- An appropriate formal education is recommended
- 3 to 5 years experience in providing administrative support in tertiary environments and/or small to medium sized business environment
- Some form of higher education experience would be an advantage.
- Knowledge & Skills:
- Proficient in office software such as MS Office & Excel
- Strong administrative skill-set coupled with excellent time management
- High Level of attention to detail
- Ability to cope with a variety of tasks daily
- Very strong communications ability, interpersonal and listening skills
- A strong command of English both written and verbal, with at least one other South African language
Submit a Motivational Letter and CV, including contactable referees to [email protected]
Application Deadline: Tuesday, 3 December, 2019