Posted on :
23 Oct, 2013
Vacancies exist for Driver Assistants at the Worcester Gas & Gear reporting to the Centre Supervisor. This position is responsible for Driver Assistant duties and the function and responsibility of a relief driver.
The main purpose of this job is to assist the Afrox driver in performing the daily distribution duties such as loading and off-loading of cylinder and welding product at customer sites and in the yard. The job will also include the duties of a relief driver on an ongoing and regular basis.
Key requirements will be Matric, literacy and computer skills, between ages of 25 and 40 years, valid drivers license, minimum of 3 years driving experience for category of vehicle, no serious driving offences. It will be required of the successful candidate to be resident in Worcester.
A pre-employment medical examination, independent driving assessment and written literacy and numeracy tests will be conducted. The applicant will need to provide a CV with contactable references.
The position requires a high degree of safety awareness and commitment, good communication skills, attention to detail, information sharing ability and ability to read and converse in English.
• Performing of loading and off-loading of cylinder and welding product at customer sites
• Performing of loading and off-loading of cylinder and welding product in yard
• Assist by guiding driver when reversing and driving into narrow entrances
• Assist driver with relevant paperwork
• Assist with yard duties such as forklift driving, loading of pallets for vehicles, stacking of cylinders in demarcated areas
• Assist driver with route planning and management of vehicle
• Assist driver to ensure good housekeeping and tidiness of vehicle
• To perform all key driver duties when acting as relief driver
Follow the links below to apply online